Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chumphon - north along the coast & then Sangkhlaburi via Kanchaburi...

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Chumphon - north along the coast & then Sangkhlaburi via Kanchaburi...
    I'll be returning to Thailand from Malaysia in late Feb. and was thinking of this route...
    Thap Sakae (can't find much info) - Prachuap Khiri Khan - Petchaburi - Amphawa Market - Kanchanaburi - Sangkhaburi. (I've been to Bang Saphan) - should I skip Thap Sakae or Petchaburi? Not sure I want to go to Hua Hin, but do want to visit some parks and go off the beaten track a bit.

Of course I'll be looking for budget places under 400 baht.
    Thinking of spending a few days in each or more - moving on when I get bored. Staying if I like it.
    I'd prefer to stay longer in one place that offers the most variety.

Any suggestions?

#1 Posted: 17/1/2014 - 08:24

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

should I skip Thap Sakae or Petchaburi? Not sure I want to go to Hua Hin, but do want to visit some parks and go off the beaten track a bit.

Thap I don't know what is there. Phetchaburi is good for a visit with the temples. I'd only stop 2 nights though. HH is a busy dump. I hated it last year after liking it 7 yrs prior. Way overpriced and traffic is a nightmare. Even Cha-am nowadays has been ruined.

Prachuap is a great town. Awesome food. Stay there for 3-5 nights and hire a bike to explore.

#2 Posted: 17/1/2014 - 19:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Best way to get to Chumphon from Sangkhlaburi? ... By BTone on 28 Mar 2011 6 2176 29 Mar 2011
Living on the North Coast. Any help appreciated :) ... By dreammbrother on 23 Jan 2013 14 1649 29 Jan 2013