Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Another Bangkok Layover Question

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Sorry guys…

I've been reading through the other questions on this topic, but everything seems to be domestic or in regard to using two different airlines.

I'm looking to book a flight on Air Asia from HCMC to Phuket. There are a few options. One of them has a 1.5 hour layover. I could assume they wouldn't offer this option if it weren't doable, but I've also had airlines give me a 40 minute layover in Atlanta. If you've been to Atlanta's airport, you'd know how ridiculous that is.

So is this enough considering I'd have to go through customs and get my Thailand Visa and everything? I'd assume that my bags would be fine and just moved to the next plane. If it weren't for liquid regulations, I could just carry that bag on too.

Is it enough time? Or should opt for the longer (boring) layover? :)

#1 Posted: 18/1/2014 - 23:21

• Advertisement

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

i think but am not 100% certain that you would go through immigration in Phucket so should be OK

#2 Posted: 18/1/2014 - 23:47

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

It would seem odd that they would offer that knowing that immigration is a must coming from Vietnam. I just want to be sure before I book it and end up running through the airport.

#3 Posted: 19/1/2014 - 00:10

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

Are you really sure its BKK/DMK and NOT KUL??Their homebase?
    As they do NOT offer any through connections via BKK-though its via DMK and thats a quiet place. You MUST pass immigr etc there and check in a new, 45 mins for the latest for flite 2. They always tell people to allow at least 3 hrs as its a point2point airline.
    Via KUL they do offer through-ways, these cost extra, but only for some relations.

#4 Posted: 19/1/2014 - 01:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
quick question - PEK layover ... By VonWOOTER on 24 Sep 2010 2 1457 28 Sep 2010