Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Getting from Koh Bulon Lae to Langkawi

• AddyH

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2012

Hi,
    Can anybody tell me if it's possible to get a boat from Koh Bulon Lae to Langkawi (Arpil).
    Would it be possible to get a private boat and any idea how long it would take ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    AddyH

#1 Posted: 21/1/2014 - 06:05

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Nope.
    2 options:

1 - get a speedboat to Lipe and then a speedboat/slowboat to Langkawi.

2- get the regular transport from Bulon back to Pak Bara, get transport down to Satun, go down to the pier maybe 10km south of town to catch the regular ferries to Langkawi.

I'm thinking option 2 is the easier. But it depends a lot on when you are planning to leave the island.

Booking people on Bulon will be able to organise all this - I found the gals at Bulone Resort's little store pretty capable last visit, even though I wasn't staying there.

#2 Posted: 23/1/2014 - 00:49

• AddyH

Joined Travelfish
    8th November, 2012

Thanks for your help Tezza !

#3 Posted: 23/1/2014 - 01:19

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Ooops Forgot the "how long does it take" bit.

Option 1 depends on connections - the gap between arrival on Lipe and when the next Langkawa departure occurs. Hell, you might have to stay overnight. No problems, Lipe is a good place with a beach for everyone from lively to laid back, and if I was in the area I would make a point of staying more than one night. But maybe you have already seen Lipe, or prioritise it below your other wants.

Option 2. On arrival at Pak Bara you could jump a taxi for the Thammalang pier for Langkawi south of Satun - I'm thinking 40-60 minutes. The budget option - songthaew/motor cycle taxi into La Ngu - big bus or sonthaew to Satun - motorcycle taxi/taxi/songthaew to the pier - may take 3 times as long. Maybe more if you opt for the big bus and one is not due for a while. I wouldn't be surprised if there is now a direct minibus for travellers to the Thammalang pier - ask when you arrive at Pak Bara. The ferries to Langkawi run fairly often - you can check this online but I'm thinking maybe every 2 hours.

#4 Posted: 23/1/2014 - 02:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.