Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chao Phraya Dinner Cruise - Have you done it?

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Click here to learn more about Jon_Mak_Mak
    Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 5

Hello, Im looking in to the dinner cruises in Bangkok.

Anyone been on one already? Good, bad, recommendations etc...

Thanks,
    Ant.

#1 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 00:03

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hey jon,

did you have a specific cruise and a general price range in mind? i haven't done the dinner cruise, but i've done several other cruises on the river and they've all been spectacular. even if you decide not to do the dinner cruise, there are several other options, the most budget-friendly of which is just taking the regular ferry service up and down the river for a few baht. i'd be interested to hear feedback should you decide to book the cruise, particularly what the food was like and if you thought it was good value for money. regards.

#2 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 06:21

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom

Hi,

As my wife and I are taking my parents to Thailand for the first time I think we are going to spoil them with one of the luxury dinner cruises. :)

Ive been looking into it on the net ant ive found a 2 hour cruise for about B1200 per person. The boats look like 5 star hotel style boats from the pics I have seen so for a 2 hour cruise and a international buffet That sounds ok to me.

I will post up about my experience when we are back.

Thanks.

#3 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 15:45

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Well I am not a huge fan of these River Cruises ,but if I had to pick one it would be this one :

http://www.thairivercruise.com/index.php?tpid=0077

#4 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 18:34

• Jon_Mak_Mak

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2007
    Location United Kingdom

Nice one for the reply. This is one of the websites I've been looking at. Im thinking about one of the luxury ones. Have you been on any of the other boats that this site shows?

Please tell us why your not a fan.

Thanks again,
    Ant.

#5 Posted: 29/8/2007 - 20:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Dinner Cruise on Chao Phraya, Bangkok ... By ahxian on 8 Sep 2008 9 6518 16 Sep 2008
Good & Cheap Chao Phraya River Cruise Dinner ... By kkswan on 5 Aug 2009 0 2471 5 Aug 2009
Chao Phraya River Express with Baggage ... By daydreamfarmer on 29 Mar 2013 8 1918 1 Apr 2013
Cinnamon sunset dinner cruise in Hoi An ... By cinnamoncruises on 16 Dec 2009 0 1336 16 Dec 2009