Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

2 weeks island hoping itinerary help

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Hi!

So I have 16 days to try to get in enough, but not too much. Those counting the days that I arrive and leave. I arrive at 2pm, so most of that day is gone. But I leave well after midnight on the last day. 3am to be exact. So I have that whole day as long as I'm within access to the airport by the evening.

I'm not planning on doing anything uncommon as it's my first time there. So just sticking to the well followed paths as boring as that may be. Two places I am going is Phi Phi and Krabi . I wanted to do 3 or 4 islands. Though after really looking at Krabi, there seems like there might be a ton to do/see just in that area.

I was a little disappointed that going to the gulf islands seemed like it would take up too much time, then it occurred to me that I could fly from Krabi to Samui. Though I don't know if it's worth the additional cost. Then I could do the typical Koh Pha Ngan too. This seems like it might be a bit too much though.

I'm flying into Phuket at 2pm. Do you think it's possible to do Phi Phi (including one overnight boat trip), Krabi area, Samui, and Koh Pha Ngan? If so, what would be a good way to map this out? I though of just doing it in that order, then either taking a ferry back to Samui and flying to Phuket, or something like that. The problem with that is I'd have a whole day to spend around the airport. I don't need to go to Koh Pha Ngan either. But then is it worth the trip to only go to Samui?

Or perhaps I should leave the gulf out as I originally though. If I do that, then I'm doing Phi Phi and Krabi, but what else should I do? I feel like I'd want one more location in there?

#1 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 02:02

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

16 days 3 to 4 destinations is a good amount.

I prefer trang over samui, kpn. Only 80 mins bus trip from krabi.

#2 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 03:26

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Trang? I'll check it out. So that would fit more into my krabi and beyond idea rather than going to the gulf. I started sort of mapping out a rough idea. I really want to do one of the overnight boat trips, so that puts me on phi phi probably longer than I'll care to be. I don't mind the party scene, but I'm also not a big drinker, so it's not my focus. With that said, I kind of like people around since I'll be alone.

So I started with this:
    Day 1: Arrive Stay phuket
    Day 2: take boat to phi phi Stay night
    Day 3: do one of of the early tours stay night
    Day 4: Leave in morning do maya bay overnight tour
    Day 5: return to phi phi from tour spend night
    Day 6: Leave for Krabi early.
    Day 7:
    Day 8:
    Day 9:
    Day 10:
    Day 11:
    Day 12:
    Day 13:
    Day 14:
    Day 15:
    Day 16: Leave Phuket at 3am. Be at airport night before.

So I quickly see the days disappearing. :( I could probably do one of the tours off of Ao Nang instead, eliminating day 3 and pushing that all up 1 day. Maybe I'll love Phi Phi, I don't know. I mean it looks beautiful on the water, but the town itself, I'm not so sure. But the overnight boat trip only leaves from there. Railay beach looks amazing, but also seems like the accommodations are a bit steep for me.

Ideas of filling in the rest of the time? Trang looks interesting with the waterfalls (assuming that is actually Trang I'm looking at). I notice a lot of time they use one picture for 90 different places. I didn't find much info on it with the quick search I did, but I'll look more thoroughly.

#3 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 06:33

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Krabi has many good tours

Bor thor kayaking
    Thalen bay "
    Ko Hong snorkelling
    4 islands "
    hot springs and crystal lagoon

In Trang u can stay at ko mook or in town. Emerald cave lagoon is good.

Check wotif and booking.com for hotels in ao nang krabi for specials.

#4 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 08:22

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Yeah I've read about some of those. Looks like a good region where I could maybe do a lot without wasting days traveling?

I'm interested in seeing kho panyi and Hong. Anything with caves. I love caves. I think sticking the that region is probably the best bet.

Do you think I should move around in terms of where I'm staying apart from if I go to Trang? I want to stay on the cheap side IF possible. But not at the cost of enjoyment. I'm assuming this area is less busy than Phi Phi!? I'm having to book hotels ahead of time in phi phi because a lot of them are already booked up it seems.

#5 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 19:53

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Trang has a cool cave. Tham Lae Khao Kob. You enter via boat. Half the cave is open while the 2nd half you lay flat.on the boat as the cave roof passes.just over your head.

Easy to base yourself in Krabi for 7 to 10 days or more. Trang 3 to 4 nights.

#6 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 20:17

• SoloGirls

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2013

Have you been to the emerald pools? It looks beautiful.

Out of curiosity, what makes you like Trang so much? And if I stay 3 nights, what are the highlights do you think? I know you mentioned a few things, but any others?

#7 Posted: 30/1/2014 - 03:57

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

If u mean the emerald pool in Krabi yes its called crystal lagoon. Been twice. Great spot.

The Emerald cave lagoon .on Ko Mook is a hidden beach behind a 90m cave entrance from ocean. Been once.

Trang is a real.thai town with nice night market and u can do a good snorkelling tour to islands incl the emerald cave.

#8 Posted: 30/1/2014 - 05:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Island hoping down the Andaman coast ... By glynsheard on 14 Aug 2007 1 3389 15 Aug 2007