Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bus from pattaya to kanchanaburi

• rohveer

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2014

Are there any direct buses which reach Kanchanaburi from Pattaya apart from
    Sri Mongkol bus terminal at Chaloem Phrakiat, Pattaya Sai 3. There are only 2 buses one in the morning and one at evening. Taking a taxi is out of question as it is way beyond my budget and I don't want the hassle of going to Bangkok by bus and then again catching another bus to Kanchanaburi.Thanks in advance.[/ulist]

#1 Posted: 2/2/2014 - 07:53

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

no, of course not. The ones you mention are either very, very recent or more likely prebooked vans.
    But your fear is grossly overstated. There are horuly buses from the North Bus terminal ALSO to Sai Thai in BKK-going via he still fairly new southern ring, where you can connect-you could even have unusual and nice vistas of this bigtown BKK-which I like very much.
    Next best are the vans=minibus, and connect in the area of the Vict. Monument-which is cleared by the mob as per tomorrow.
    PTY visitors tend to be either too anxious to do normal things or need to be taken by hand by their rented temp. Thai GF.

#2 Posted: 3/2/2014 - 01:20

• rohveer

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2014

Thanks, captainbkk for the quick reply but I am travelling with my wife and two daughters.( PTY visitors tend to be either too anxious to do normal things or need to be taken by hand by their rented temp. Thai GF.) Lol !

#3 Posted: 3/2/2014 - 10:29

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Dont think so. Buses would change over in bkk

#4 Posted: 5/2/2014 - 19:20

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I am pretty sure Leonard is correct. Buses betweeen provinces are usually within a region. Less common is something like the bus from Mukdahan to Loei. Any bus from Pattaya to Kanchanaburi would be going through Bangkok, so that's a logical hub. To find out for sure, though, you'd have to check at the bus station.

#5 Posted: 6/2/2014 - 00:20

• rohveer

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2014

i have decided to reach the southern bus terminal SAI TAI from Pattaya costing 134 thb and from there catch 1st class AC bus costing 99 THB to Kanchanaburi .

Thanks, guys.

air-con bus 1st class
    bus no.
    duration
    fare
    Southern Bus Terminal
    2 hrs.
    99 Baht

Bangkok - Kanchanaburi: 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM - every 20 minutes
    Kanchanaburi - Bangkok: 4:00 AM to 8:00 PM - every 20 minutes

#6 Posted: 26/2/2014 - 11:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.