Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

itenirary needed for 2weeks in thailand pretty please

• sham116

Joined Travelfish
    7th February, 2014

hello everyone ..
    im flying to Thailand at the end of april I've not had much time to look into my trip and was hoping for some help...I will be backpacking and I was wondering if its good to book my flights to other areas of Thailand when in Thailand or before? also should I book accommodation for koi samui before or is it possible to find a place once I am there? I am into scenery and wild life I don't relly like clubbing or party scenes and I don't drink but I would like to visit some beautiful beaches or waterfall areas and valleys ..I definetly want to visit chaing mai and chaing rai and possibly kanchanaburi also would like to visit some national parks and even ride an elephant. I'm spending two weeks in Thailand and then going to laos I was hoping if someone could help write me an itinerary and give me some advise on what the best tranports there is to take. I would like to get to my destinations quickly... I was also thinking about visiting phi phi islands and Phuket and koi samui and possibly more scenic beautiful places.

#1 Posted: 12/2/2014 - 17:50

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

".I will be backpacking and I was wondering if its good to book my flights to other areas of Thailand when in Thailand or before?

Yes cheap flights get sold out in advance by a week or 2.

" also should I book accommodation for koi samui before or is it possible to find a place once I am there? I am into scenery and wild life I don't relly like clubbing or party scenes and I don't drink but I would like to visit some beautiful beaches or waterfall areas and valleys"

Samui is a touristy island with heaps of resorts but if you dont like party scenes it's a strange choice. I would suggest Krabi.

"..I definetly want to visit chaing mai and chaing rai and possibly kanchanaburi also would like to visit some national parks and even ride an elephant"

Chiang Mai is a city while Chiang Rai is boring IMO. Kanch is a good idea.

#2 Posted: 12/2/2014 - 18:47

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi sham,

two weeks isn't as long as you think, and you may want to consider visiting just three or four places instead of the six or seven you mention. i think Leonard offers good advice about Krabi and Kanchanaburi possibly being a better fit for the types of things you hope to see and do than Samui and Chiang Rai.

cheap flights definitely sell out ahead of time, so best to make advance flight reservations if you know the dates you want to fly. most places you can get a walk-up room too, although it won't hurt to book something for the first night or two, particularly if you are arriving later in the day.

less is more, and in your two weeks, you could visit Bangkok and Kanchanaburi, Krabi (fly from BKK), Chiang Mai (try the overnight sleeper train - first class is best - or fly), and really have time to explore and get to know those places before you head off to Laos. have fun. cheers.

by the way, april is definitely the hot season so be prepared.

#3 Posted: 12/2/2014 - 22:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.