Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

First trip to Thailand...Thoughts?

• BAMAnug

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2014

Hello all. Just booked my flight into Thailand for a two week vacation. Will be backpacking alone. I've done the backpacking thing in Europe several times, first time going to SE Asia. Here is my itinerary, any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Land in Bangkok on June 28.

June 28-July 1---Bangkok and Pattaya. Just explore, try and take in the big things.
    July 1-July 5----Chiang Mai (flying from Bangkok). Plan on volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park, as well as doing some sort of jungle hike/camping trip. Suggestions, anyone?
    July 5-July 9---- Phuket . Just live the beach life for a few days
    July 9-11

Siem Reap / Angkor Wat. My return flight is out of Siem Reap, I can't justify going to this part of the world and not seeing Angkor Wat. So, ideally, I'll catch a flight from Phuket to Siem Reap and spend my last two days there.

Thanks in advance.

#1 Posted: 16/2/2014 - 16:05

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Have fun. Too touristy for me but.plenty love these places.

#2 Posted: 16/2/2014 - 16:21

• Saphir

Click here to learn more about Saphir
    Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2009
    Total reviews: 7
    Places visited:
    At least 57

I wouldn't try to cram too much into such a brief holiday. Also, no need to justify anything.

#3 Posted: 16/2/2014 - 16:50

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

"Bangkok and Pattaya"

Not much to see in Pattaya (unless you want to see an ugly beach and lots of hookers/old guys). I'd just do Bangkok in that short period of time. You can see hookers and old guys in certain parts of Bangkok. But seriously, there's a number of good temples, museums and plenty of nightlife in Bangkok.

CM- Short time to volunteer. You barely have enough time to complete a multi day trek. Do the trek and visit an elephant park.

Phuket is touristy but has nice beaches and good tours.

#4 Posted: 16/2/2014 - 19:44

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

agree with above and make sure you book flight to Siem Reap

#5 Posted: 17/2/2014 - 06:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Having second thoughts about trip to Thailand ... By Dadi on 1 May 2011 12 2750 5 May 2011
8 week trip to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam in June-August...your thoughts and help please? ... By mrnice88 on 25 Apr 2010 5 4581 5 Jul 2010