Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

3 weeks in Thailand - Advice

• ben05

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2014

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice. I’m off to Bangkok in Augustfor 3 weeks. I am planning a week going round the islands in the south. Thatleaves me with 2 weeks left to explore. I have narrowed it down to a couple ofoptions – I would just like peoples advice on which one they think isbetter/any issues I may have/am I trying to do too much.

Option 1 – From Bangkok head to Chaing Mai to go jungle trekking.Then head back down to Bangkok through the ancient capitals
    Option 2 –Head to seim Reap, Phenom Phen (maybe HCM city ifI have time) then get an internal flight back to Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

Ben

#1 Posted: 17/2/2014 - 05:43

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

I'd go with option two.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2014 - 09:59

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

I find it easy to spend 2 weeks doing beaches and 1 week in Bangkok.

#3 Posted: 17/2/2014 - 17:33

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

Why go up to Chiang Mai to do jungle trekking? You can do that in Khao Sok NP, in Kaeng Krachan NP, and even in Khao Phnom Bencha NP.

#4 Posted: 17/2/2014 - 18:50

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Edupec looks more like an ad than a recommendation

You need to make a decision about temples/jungle/big city but going to HCM looks like a destination too far so decide between Thailand and Cambodia. If you go to Cambodia and want a bit of jungle as well as Siem Reap why not visit somewhere like Chi Phat (http://www.ecoadventurecambodia.com/)

you could do this as a part of a circular trip of Cambodia and in terms of geography the islands like Ko Chang might fit better

#5 Posted: 18/2/2014 - 06:26

• ben05

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2014

Thanks for the advice? Is it easy to get to Chi Phat (or other Jungle Treking areas) without going via PP?

Thanks

#6 Posted: 18/2/2014 - 08:26

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Chi Phat is on the way to Koh Kong on the Thai border and can be reached from Phnom Phen or Sianoukeville by direct bus (to Koh Kong)

My thinking is that you could enter cambodia via Trat and HatLek/Koh kong, visit chi phat go on to Phnom Phen (only cause you mentioned it) and then on to Siem Reap perhaps with a stop on the way depending on time and then back to Bangkok or do the trip in reverse

#7 Posted: 18/2/2014 - 09:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.