Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

3 weeks in Thailand - Advice

Posted by ben05 on 17/2/2014 at 05:43

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice. I’m off to Bangkok in Augustfor 3 weeks. I am planning a week going round the islands in the south. Thatleaves me with 2 weeks left to explore. I have narrowed it down to a couple ofoptions – I would just like peoples advice on which one they think isbetter/any issues I may have/am I trying to do too much.

Option 1 – From Bangkok head to Chaing Mai to go jungle trekking.Then head back down to Bangkok through the ancient capitals
Option 2 –Head to seim Reap, Phenom Phen (maybe HCM city ifI have time) then get an internal flight back to Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

Ben

#1 ben05 has been a member since 17/2/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by MADMAC on 17/2/2014 at 09:59

I'd go with option two.

#2 MADMAC has been a member since 6/6/2009. Posts: 6,957

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 17/2/2014 at 17:33

I find it easy to spend 2 weeks doing beaches and 1 week in Bangkok.

#3 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by gregmccann1 on 17/2/2014 at 18:50

Why go up to Chiang Mai to do jungle trekking? You can do that in Khao Sok NP, in Kaeng Krachan NP, and even in Khao Phnom Bencha NP.

#4 gregmccann1 has been a member since 28/10/2009. Location: Taiwan. Posts: 182
 Website 

Posted by amnicoll on 18/2/2014 at 06:26

Edupec looks more like an ad than a recommendation

You need to make a decision about temples/jungle/big city but going to HCM looks like a destination too far so decide between Thailand and Cambodia. If you go to Cambodia and want a bit of jungle as well as Siem Reap why not visit somewhere like Chi Phat (http://www.ecoadventurecambodia.com/)

you could do this as a part of a circular trip of Cambodia and in terms of geography the islands like Ko Chang might fit better

#5 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 616

Posted by ben05 on 18/2/2014 at 08:26

Thanks for the advice? Is it easy to get to Chi Phat (or other Jungle Treking areas) without going via PP?

Thanks

#6 ben05 has been a member since 17/2/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by amnicoll on 18/2/2014 at 09:30

Chi Phat is on the way to Koh Kong on the Thai border and can be reached from Phnom Phen or Sianoukeville by direct bus (to Koh Kong)

My thinking is that you could enter cambodia via Trat and HatLek/Koh kong, visit chi phat go on to Phnom Phen (only cause you mentioned it) and then on to Siem Reap perhaps with a stop on the way depending on time and then back to Bangkok or do the trip in reverse

#7 amnicoll has been a member since 10/1/2005. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 616

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.