Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

request info about Khao Pilai/Natai and Khao Lak

Posted by zaupa on 19/2/2014 at 22:17

Hi guys,
i would like to travel to Khao Pilai/ Natai and go also in Khao Lak. I need to know how can i move there? I don't want to rent car. A friend will pick me up in Phuket airport and he will go with me until Khao Pilai. Is it easy to rent a motorcycle there just to travel around to Pilai and Natai?
If i want to move from Pilai/ Natai to Khao Lak, what can i do? Are there public bus or pick up trucks that pass there? Or do i have to go to Kokloi town? And how far (about how many km) from Pilai or Natai to Khao Lak?
How is Pilai or Natai to set up a business (as a small resort or restaurant)? Someone can give to me some suggestions about it? Your answer is very appreciated, because i'm planning to go there in about one week.
Thanks

#1 zaupa has been a member since 19/2/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by lanathai on 20/2/2014 at 04:59 TF writer

Hello! Natai is a great escape from Phuket . I just wrote up an overview of the area here: http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/natai

Very easy to navigate with a motorbike - probably best to rent one on Phuket and drive over the bridge with it. Plenty of rental shops near the airport. There might be motorbike rental at the cheaper guesthouses in Natai listed at that link but I'm not sure of the costs/availability. As far as I know no public bus goes to/from Natai/Pilai direct so you'll have to drive over to nearby Kokkloy to catch one on the main road.

I believe the Phuket to Khao Lak bus makes a stop in Kokkloy but I haven't researched that yet so, sorry no further info to provide there.

It's a 50km drive from Natai to Khao Lak.

For setting up a business, there are quite strict building restrictions here so doing a resort may require a lengthy approval process. As well, land prices have really shot up here with all those million-dollar villas & luxury resorts lining the beach, as well with as the giant villa/resort/golf course development (slowly) underway on 1000 rai of land by Hong Kong developers just north of Natai in Thai Muang beach. Beyond that I don't really know but these are a few things to consider.

#2 lanathai has been a member since 21/7/2011. Location: Thailand. Posts: 36
 Where has lanathai been?   Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.