Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

request info about Khao Pilai/Natai and Khao Lak

• zaupa

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2014

Hi guys,
    i would like to travel to Khao Pilai/ Natai and go also in Khao Lak. I need to know how can i move there? I don't want to rent car. A friend will pick me up in Phuket airport and he will go with me until Khao Pilai. Is it easy to rent a motorcycle there just to travel around to Pilai and Natai?
    If i want to move from Pilai/ Natai to Khao Lak, what can i do? Are there public bus or pick up trucks that pass there? Or do i have to go to Kokloi town? And how far (about how many km) from Pilai or Natai to Khao Lak?
    How is Pilai or Natai to set up a business (as a small resort or restaurant)? Someone can give to me some suggestions about it? Your answer is very appreciated, because i'm planning to go there in about one week.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 19/2/2014 - 22:17

• Advertisement

• lanathai

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011
    Location Thailand
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hello! Natai is a great escape from Phuket . I just wrote up an overview of the area here: http://www.travelfish.org/location/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/natai

Very easy to navigate with a motorbike - probably best to rent one on Phuket and drive over the bridge with it. Plenty of rental shops near the airport. There might be motorbike rental at the cheaper guesthouses in Natai listed at that link but I'm not sure of the costs/availability. As far as I know no public bus goes to/from Natai/Pilai direct so you'll have to drive over to nearby Kokkloy to catch one on the main road.

I believe the Phuket to Khao Lak bus makes a stop in Kokkloy but I haven't researched that yet so, sorry no further info to provide there.

It's a 50km drive from Natai to Khao Lak.

For setting up a business, there are quite strict building restrictions here so doing a resort may require a lengthy approval process. As well, land prices have really shot up here with all those million-dollar villas & luxury resorts lining the beach, as well with as the giant villa/resort/golf course development (slowly) underway on 1000 rai of land by Hong Kong developers just north of Natai in Thai Muang beach. Beyond that I don't really know but these are a few things to consider.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 04:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
From Natai Beach to Khao Lak ... By zaupa on 19 Feb 2014 1 335 19 Feb 2014
Khao Sok to Phuket- any info highly appreciated ... By Seba on 26 Nov 2009 1 3227 28 Nov 2009
Travel between Surat Thani and Khao Lak and Khao Lak to Ko Phi Phi ... By saxomophone on 9 Jan 2011 1 6042 9 Jan 2011
Krabi-Khao Lak-Khao Sok by public transport ... By McCaskell on 6 Oct 2007 11 13712 3 Apr 2012
Khao Sok ... By karyn on 28 Jun 2006 4 1484 4 Aug 2006
Ko Yao Noi to Khao Sok ... By daydreamfarmer on 22 Mar 2013 2 1434 25 Mar 2013
Khao Sok NP ... By Krabiman on 11 Jan 2011 3 1069 11 Jan 2011
How to get to Khao Lak from Koh Phi Phi ... By DaniGriff on 19 Nov 2010 1 2214 21 Nov 2010
Koh Tao to Khao Lak ... By adrienne on 17 Feb 2010 2 3256 18 Feb 2010
Khao Lak ... By dibler on 25 Aug 2006 2 1624 27 Aug 2006