Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Which Gulf Island In June

Posted by moellercl on 20/2/2014 at 20:22

My 17 YO daughter and I are going to Thailand for almost a month in June 2014. The first week we would like to go to an island. We both love to swim, sunbathe, snorkel, hike some, and really need some help deciding which island or islands to visit. We have about a week. So far I have been leaning towards, Koh TAo, Koh Chang, Koh Samui or Koh Phangan (but it will be FMP) I am not interested in the party scene at all. We like to eat out and shop a little and explore some. We may fly there from Bangkok depending on rates or take the train and ferry. Each time I think I have decided on an island I read something and I change my mind. I have been doing this until I just can't decide. Basically we want a mellow time, a safe and fun time with a few things to do on the side. We do enjoy having others around us just not a real crazy drunks.

#1 moellercl has been a member since 20/2/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 20/2/2014 at 21:55

Chang is good but u need to do a tour for snorkelling. Kpn has poor snorkeling also.

Maybe Tao or phi phi which have good snorkelling.

Or mainland krabi has good tours for snorkelling and kayaking.

Have a look at railey beach.

Krabi has airport with cheap flights via air asia or nok air.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.