Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Which Gulf Island In June

• moellercl

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2014

My 17 YO daughter and I are going to Thailand for almost a month in June 2014. The first week we would like to go to an island. We both love to swim, sunbathe, snorkel, hike some, and really need some help deciding which island or islands to visit. We have about a week. So far I have been leaning towards, Koh TAo, Koh Chang, Koh Samui or Koh Phangan (but it will be FMP) I am not interested in the party scene at all. We like to eat out and shop a little and explore some. We may fly there from Bangkok depending on rates or take the train and ferry. Each time I think I have decided on an island I read something and I change my mind. I have been doing this until I just can't decide. Basically we want a mellow time, a safe and fun time with a few things to do on the side. We do enjoy having others around us just not a real crazy drunks.

#1 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 20:22

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Chang is good but u need to do a tour for snorkelling. Kpn has poor snorkeling also.

Maybe Tao or phi phi which have good snorkelling.

Or mainland krabi has good tours for snorkelling and kayaking.

Have a look at railey beach.

Krabi has airport with cheap flights via air asia or nok air.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2014 - 21:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Gulf or Andaman Sea in June? ... By trudat on 25 Jan 2008 2 2351 26 Jan 2008
Honeymoon Gulf of Thailand May or June/ ... By skittles_2203 on 30 Dec 2009 5 2876 31 Dec 2009
Weather in Gulf of Thailand/ Ko Chang in June ... By dion1927 on 31 May 2006 2 6087 31 May 2006
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Gulf Island in August ... By purpleceline on 5 Mar 2012 5 1382 9 Mar 2012