Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Planning a trip to thailand?

Posted by robemeen on 2/3/2014 at 10:18

arriving in bangkok on the 14th of sept and have to be back for the 26th for my flight home other then that i can go anywhere, any suggestions for what to do while there, i know sept is rainy but how bad is it and will there be any chance for beach visits and water activities, that sort of thing

#1 robemeen has been a member since 2/3/2014. Posts: 1
 Website 

Posted by sarah6969pink on 2/3/2014 at 13:29

I've been in Sept twice and not had any problems.
First time did 4 days Bangkok and then a week Koh Samui (had one afternoon of rain in Koh Samui), second time did 5 days Bangkok then island hopped around Koh Phangnan, Koh Samui and Ko Tao (had one day of rain showers in Bangkok).
It's hard to suggest what you should do as there is so much to do in Thailand and so many places to visit depending on what you like to do (going back for honeymoon in April this year and exploring Andaman instead of gulf). As you don't have that long personally I'd suggest a few days Bangkok and then Koh Phangnan, but that's going off what I enjoyed and what I like - you may prefer hiking etc and to spend some time up North.

#2 sarah6969pink has been a member since 28/10/2013. Posts: 26

Posted by jenmi on 2/3/2014 at 16:55

I like ancient ruins, so I would go to Sukhothai and Ayutaya. If you like mountain, you can go to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, then rent a bike and do bike scene. I did it for a week, super awesome. If you like beaches, you can go to Phuket and then take a plane to koh samui or bus for FMP.

#3 jenmi has been a member since 24/12/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.