Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phang Nga onwards travel

• jonster1

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2014

Hi

I'm trying to squeeze as much as possible into my 2 week trip to Thailand and so wanted a bit of advice on onwards travel from Phang Nga Town, which Googling hasn't provided.

I'm staying over in Phang Nga town and then planning a trip around the bay the following day. However, I'm then planning on travelling on to Koh Phangan. My question is whether it will be possible to reach Koh Phangan if setting of early afternoon from Phang Nga (my guess is no), and if not, where would be the best place to stay to get the earliest possible but to the Gulf islands the following day. Are there places to stay near the pier?

Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 08:25

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Google ferry times.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 08:51

• jonster1

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2014

Ferry times I can find, but it's the bus schedule and journey times which I'm struggling with. I actually can't find anything confirming which buses, if any, call in to Phang Nga Town

#3 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 09:21

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Bus times from Phang Nga are here. There is a 23:00 night boat to Ko Pha Ngan from Surat Thani daily. Latest "day boat" is 5pm. I can't remember how long the bus takes from Phang Nga, but with an early afternoon departure you should make the night boat. If you miss if there are around a half dozen boats a day from Surat Thani to Ko Pha Ngan, so just overnight in ST and get the boat in the morning.

Who needs Google ;-)

#4 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 09:58

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Google is king

#5 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 19:15

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Most tours of phang nga bay operate from krabi or phuket

U can fly to krabi. Lot less hassle.

#6 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 19:18

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

The night ferry from Surathani to Phangan leaves around 2300. So a bus out of Phang Nga town's bus station early/even late afternoon should get you there in time.

#7 Posted: 9/3/2014 - 03:19

• guava_girl

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2010

Go to the bus station in Phang Nga in the morning and get the first bus to Surat Thani. I think it is at around 7:30am but best to check beforehand. It is around 3-4 hours to Surat Thani. From there you can get a bus/ferry combo ticket.

You should have no problems doing it in one day if you leave in the morning.

#8 Posted: 16/3/2014 - 21:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.