Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Need help with itinerary..

• shubhamjain-

Joined Travelfish
    25th March, 2014

Hello!!,

I'll be traveling to Thailand from 25th May to 10Th June.
    as of now i've only booked my return tickets.
    not sure about Weather , so much confused about itinerary.
    also i am looking for a travel partner, so if anyone looking for a partner feel free to ping me.
    this is what i am planning as of now.

May 24 arrive in Bangkok
    25 Bangkok
    26 Bangkok - depart for Chiang Mai (train -- how to book tickets??? do i need to book in advance or can i book after reaching there?)
    27 Chiang Mai
    28 Chiang Mai
    29 Chiang Mai depart to Phuket ( fly / any other option?? , also is phuket a good idea in this season??)
    30 Phuket ( again season wise any other option?)
    31 Phuket - day trip to Phi Phi island
    1 June Krabi (rainy season issue)
    2 Krabi/ Railay Beach
    3 Railay Beach -
    4 Koh SUmai
    5 Koh SUmai
    6 Koh SUmai to pattaya ( Bus?? train? )
    7 Pattaya
    8 Pattay to Bangkok
    9 Bangkok
    10 Bangkok -depart @ 9 Pm

please Help..

i am open for any changes..

#1 Posted: 25/3/2014 - 20:45

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

For the 1000th time dont worry about weather.

Phuket is fine if u want colourful nightlife. Otherwise.just fo krabi.

Flights r dirt cheap.

Pattaya is great if u want cheap women and dont mind dirty city and beach.

If i was doing something like this i would just.do bangkok, cm and krabi. Spend less time travelling.

Samui and pattaya r a long way apart. Flights to samui r more expensive than anywhere else.in thailand.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2014 - 02:33

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

May and June mark the onset of the wet season on Thailand's Andaman Coast (so that covers Phuket , Krabi etc). May, June and July see, on average, 20 days with rain per month. It generally won't be all day torrential rain, but you should expect some rain, most days. On Phuket the saes are also very rough and not so great for swimming -- though you can get a wave if you surf.

The primary upside is cheaper hotel deals -- and you will get some days of great sunshine.

Samui sees better weather at the same time of the year, though they also get some rain.

If it was me, I'd skip Phuket and Krabi and instead see Ko Samui and/or Ko Pha Ngan and perhaps a mainland town, like Prachuap Khiri Khan or Ban Krut .

I wouldn't bother with Pattaya, but depends on your interests etc. Kanchanaburi is considerably more interesting.

As for travel logistics:
    Sort out your train ticket upon arrival - booking a couple of days in advance should be ok as you're travelling in low season. If you're not fussed about flying, I'd do night train both ways to Chiang Mai and a night train down to Surat Thani (for Samui) and back. If you're happy to fly then Nok Air, Air Asia, Thai and Bangkok Airways all fly the routes you're looking at and, with some carefiul shopping will be cheaper than a night train.

While you can fly to Pattaya (airport is called Utaphao) the airport is miles from Pattaya and you'll most likely get a better fare to either of Bangkok's airports and then get a bus to Pattaya.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 26/3/2014 - 03:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.