Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

guesthouse toilets

• someguyinas-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2007

just while I'm here...

why is it that the g/h shower so often sprays onto the dunny? - or even worse - the bogroll?

I mean -- how difficult is it to design a bathroom that avoids this messy, sloppy situation?

Anyone?

#1 Posted: 7/9/2007 - 20:57

• Advertisement

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

And the floor runs away from the drain hole ?

T.i.T.

:-)

#2 Posted: 7/9/2007 - 22:08

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

As you mention, shower sprays straight onto toilet seat, floor slopes away from drain -- other highlights:
    washbasin without drainpipe,
    no towel hooks,
    clapped out old electric water heater that looks so dangerous I'd rather have a cold shower,
    no mirror (I mean -- how on earth could you build a bathroom without a mirror),
    and of course, the classic:
    The hot water tap, which no mater how long you let it run, always seems cold, that is, until you try the cold which is even colder.

#3 Posted: 8/9/2007 - 19:59

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Guys
    Still having a chuckle at the above , and you know its not always the obvious places that do your nut in .

A few months back I stayed at Inchantree Resort at the far end of Kanchanburi , which in some ways was an excellent choice , but ....

They just tried far tooooo hard .

Oh everything worked fine and it was all modern , minimalist grey slate everywhere , which looked great , apart from someone put 10watt light bulbs in the bathrooms .

How in earth this Hairy Farang managed to shave every day is still a puzzle to me .

#4 Posted: 9/9/2007 - 05:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.