Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand Island in Late July

• mrhesed

Joined Travelfish
    8th April, 2014

Hi everyone!

I'm doing my first ever solo trip overseas, lookin for some adventure, just for 4 days.
    thinking of just heading over to islands in thailand, krabi province! :)

After lookin up some review, there are so many on it about the island and resort/hostel what to do etc.

my budget around 400-450USD

What would you guys would have done if you were me? :)

Thanks
    Regards
    Hesed

#1 Posted: 8/4/2014 - 20:24

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Answering this is kind of tricky without further info.
    "Looking for some adventure" - um, are we talking snorkeling, diving, hiking, moped touring, climbing, partying etc?
    With only 4 days to spend, your entry point is important - are you flying into Krabi , Phuket, elsewhere - or is your arrival point flexible?

Sounds like you are landing in Krabi or Phuket. With only 4 days you really don't have time to cross to the southern Gulf (Samui/Phangan/Tao) where the weather that time of year tends to be better. In the Andaman, July is in wet season - but no matter, I've had many holidays there in wet season and have always had enough sun for a good holiday and never lost a full day to rain. And July tends to be statistically not the wettest of wet season - look to Sept/Oct in the typical year.

I reckon for first time Thailand visitors, the Railay area of Krabi is hard to beat, with some of the most spectacular landscape/seascape around. There is plenty of adventure - you can climb, snorkel, do free-jumping, hike and there are some really good day-trips out of Railay. Because it's low season, you will find some very good accommodation deals both at Railay West, Railay East and the nearby town of Ao Nang. The latter is probably best if you like to party hard and explore the surrounding area on motorcycle, but the beach is inferior to West Railay and adjacent Phra Nang which you can reach by a 15 minute boat trip.
    A caveat - I'm not too sure of how lively the area is in July. I visited a few years back in June and the area was dead. But last year I was there in early August, the northern hemisphere summer holidays had kicked in and it was quite lively without being overcrowded as it usually is in high season. I've never visited in July.

You can easily spend all four days in this area. If you feel the want of a small change why not split them - 2 days Railay/2 days Ao Nang?
    If you feel like an entirely different area the nearby island of Phi Phi (Don) can be quickly accessed by ferry out of Ao Nang/Railay and is good for hiking, snorkeling, partying, scenery and has a few outstanding daytrips such as to "The Beach" on the neighbouring National Park island of Phi Phi Ley.

#2 Posted: 9/4/2014 - 05:36

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Id just pick a nice hotel near ao nang and do some tours. 4 days isnt long.

#3 Posted: 9/4/2014 - 05:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand in late July too crowded? is the North better? Advice please! ... By Mexicano31 on 10 Apr 2010 3 2264 15 Apr 2010
27 y/o female heading to Thailand,Laos, Cambodia & Vietnam, mid july-late August ... By izilove on 12 May 2011 8 3443 27 Jul 2011
Thailand island in July/August HELP ... By Esusino on 8 Apr 2014 6 671 10 Apr 2014