Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Booking Tours on Ko Phi Phi

• simonesa

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2013

I am looking to book a snorkeling tour that includes a short stop at Maya Bay (I already know what I am getting myself into!). However, I would like to get to Maya Bay early in the morning, because, based on reviews, this is the best time. So, If I am staying 10-15 minutes outside of Ton Sai Bay, can I just walk into town at 6 am and book a tour for that day, or will I be better off booking the tour while in Ton Sai Bay the night before?

Also, if anyone could recommend a touring company with tours departing Ko Phi Phi that stop at neighboring islands for snorkeling (including a short stop in Maya Bay), that would be great too. I am not getting a lot of hits while researching this. People keep mentioning a 6 island tour with lunch, but I cannot find any information on any specific tours.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 13/4/2014 - 20:25

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

1 book the night before
    2 a lot of tours arent on the web

Krabi offers more tours. Phi phi has some nice beaches but rooms r overpriced and the nightlife is tryhard reggae bars

#2 Posted: 13/4/2014 - 22:20

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Ive done a few 4 island tours but never heard of any 6 island tours.

How could u visit 6 islands in 1 day? Not practical.

#3 Posted: 14/4/2014 - 16:21

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

The six island tour is by speedboat - covers Phi Phi Leh + Mosquito & Bamboo islands and (I think) Koh Yao Yai . It is a lot of time in a speedboat and is quite expensive - perhaps 4,000 baht or so per person. If you want to do this I'd definitely book it the day before.

Aside from spending a lot of time in a speedboat, from memory the trip heads to Maya Bay on PP Leh in the afternoon, so it will be quite busy.

There could be other 6-island tours about - there are quite a few outcrops about that are ok for snorkelling that boats will moor at for 30-45 minutes of snorkelling so there may be a few variations. Heading up to Yao Noi or Yao Yai isn't a great idea as the water isn't as clear there, but there are beaches to relax on.

#4 Posted: 14/4/2014 - 18:56

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Ive been.to Bamboo island. Snorkelling was avg.

Hong and phi phi are the best. Chicken island ko kai is ok as well.

#5 Posted: 14/4/2014 - 21:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.