Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

tailor made clothes in Bangkok

• jasminsingh

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2007

Hi,
    I'm gonna be in Bangkok soon and would like to get something done there. is there anyone who had a real good experience at a tailor store? or also a really bad experience?

thanks for any recommendation,
    jasmin

#1 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 00:52

• Advertisement

• g_singh

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2007

hi, there are loads of indian tailors in bangkok, some of the styles look a bit '80's power suit' and less like the slick tailored designer suit as you may be wanting.

one place i was recommended and went too, but me and my didnt get a suit made was in the siam emporium, i cant remember the guys name or the full name of the shop-i'll post it if i remember! price was about £120 for a suit but the quality was the very good. cheaper bargains can be had but quality and style can be questionable.

sorry wasnt more help.

#2 Posted: 15/9/2007 - 20:42

• MJS

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

My boyfriend had 2 suits made at siam fashion center, sukhumvit soi 7, 1 klong toey. 2 three piece suits, including 4 trousers, 3 shirts, 2 ties. For around 220 euros. The suits look great, style and quality.

#3 Posted: 16/9/2007 - 05:00

• jasminsingh

Joined Travelfish
    28th August, 2007

thanks very much for your help! let's see what they'll have there...
    jasmin

#4 Posted: 18/9/2007 - 00:02

• grantroger

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2006

If you search the forum here you will find that Rajawongse - soi 4, Raja's - soi 4 and Crown - soi 8 get some good reviews as well. All of them on sukhumvit not so far from one another so do check them out too.

#5 Posted: 18/9/2007 - 21:37

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

I had quite a few clothes made at Raja's on Sukhumvit Soi 4. The clothes were good, have held up well over time, and were a fair price too. The people who run the shop are friendly to their clients (not so much to their staff) and do a deservedly good business.

I'm not sure I would necessarily recommend them however. Despite the good hospitality, the details of my clothes (pocket style, crotch placement, etc.) were often wrong, and typically needed a fourth fitting. That might be a problem if you are just passing through town. Most tailor shops typically require at least three fittings by the way, so that is something to keep in mind when planning your time in Bangkok or wherever you are having the clothes cut.

One other thing to keep in mind is that most of the tailor shops in a given area really only take the measurements and the actual tailors go from shop to shop to pick up those measurements, make the clothes, and then show up to assist with the fittings.

Price is a big variable too, and often times you get what you pay for. Those two suits for $79 won't be anything to write home about. Even so, if the place you pick won't budge on price, they will often throw in a few extras, like matching hankies or an extra shirt or a few ties. As with other shopping in Thailand, the more you buy, the better deal you can get.

I remember having clothes tailor made as a very fun experience and something I could never afford to do back home. Even if it is just a few pair of pants or shirts, it is typically a great experience as well as something you can take home from your trip. Cheers.

#6 Posted: 18/9/2007 - 23:52

• MJS

Joined Travelfish
    27th October, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

I've just noticed your name being Jasmin. I have to add that while waiting for my boyfriend to finish his fitting, there were two women getting dresses made at the same place. The dresses looked horrible! I overheard one of the women saying she was really pleased with te result/design, so maybe it wasn't the tailors fault but just her bad taste/choice in design. My point is, I don't know how good this tailor is at making women's clothing. Sorry! Let me know if you find a tailor you're pleased with!

#7 Posted: 19/9/2007 - 00:21

• lisajgale07

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2013

Bangkok and Hong Kong are famous for custome suits, So thier are lots of store and tailore for custome suits.
    Tailor made shirts

#8 Posted: 10/9/2013 - 03:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Getting clothes made in Bangkok ... By somtam2000 on 17 Nov 2006 10 26497 16 Jan 2009
Getting Clothes made for women in Bangkok ... By MineyMoo on 7 Sep 2009 0 2737 7 Sep 2009
getting clothes made ... By savorygal on 2 Oct 2010 1 1593 3 Oct 2010
Tailor made suits!!! ... By Marney_47 on 3 Jun 2008 11 7241 4 Feb 2009
Tailor Made Polo Shirts ... By colourco on 19 Feb 2011 0 2844 22 Jul 2011
tailor-made shoes in Vietnam? ... By tabea1 on 23 Oct 2007 0 2172 23 Oct 2007
Purchasing tailor made motorbike boots ... By mattd82 on 21 Sep 2009 0 2493 21 Sep 2009