Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Help with travel itinerary!! 4-6 weeks in Bangkok

• travelbug77-

Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2014

I have between 4-6 weeks to stay in Thailand. My current planned itinerary is :
    Fly from Bangkok(1days) to chumphon(0days- just ferry connection)
    Ferry from chumphon to koh tao(4days)
    Ferry from koh Tao to Koh phangan (4days)
    Ferry from Koh phangan to koh samui(4days)
    Then fly from koh Samui to Phuket (2days)
    Ferry from Phuket to phangan (4days)
    Ferry from phangan to Koh phi phi (4days)
    Ferry from Koh phi phi to railay (3days) ( skip krabi - is that a good idea? )
    Ferry from railay to koh Lanta (4days)
    Possibly Ferry from koh lanta to koh taruto (4days)
    and ferry from koh taruto to koh lipe (4days)
    and then fly back to Bangkok. Then fly to Chiang Mai(4days) and then back to Bangkok for three more days.
    I'm thinking around 4 days or less in each area. Is this do able and does it make sense?? Is there anything I should skip or spend less time in or more time in?

#1 Posted: 21/4/2014 - 16:14

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

No ferry from phuket to pha ngan. u repeated it twice. U r confused with phang nga.

Also no ferry from railay to lanta.

Railay is just a small twin bay area in krabi. Boats go from Nopphorat.

Lanta boats only go nov to april when there is high enough demand.

Imo u r trying to see too many islands.

I would just pick one side of the coast and do 3 islands. Slow down and enjoy more.

My last time in krabi i stayed 10 nights in nopphorat. Some days relaxing some days touring. Plenty to see in the area. No need to keep moving around. Got an online deal and paid 1000 baht a night for a 4 star hotel. The krabi area.is great to explore on a motorbike plus the kayaking and snorkelling tours r great.

#2 Posted: 21/4/2014 - 18:05

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

I like the beach theme you have going. Personally I'd cut the Bangkok time and reduce the number of islands. Maybe do a week at 4 seperate islands. As beautiful as phiphi is I'd skip it and do lanta unless you want to party or dive then go for phiphi

#3 Posted: 21/4/2014 - 18:06

• charlottem92

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2014
    Location Belgium

Seriously, take your time to enjoy Bangkok. It's a massive city and has so much more to offer besides Khao San Road. Spend an afternoon strolling around Chatuchak Market, just relax in Lumpini Park, visit Wat Pho or Wat Arun, spend a day in Chinatown! Look up 'Mark Wiens' on youtube for some ideas on how to spend your time in Bangkok (I recommend at least 2 full days). Then book a ticket to Krabi with Airasia (should cost you about 800-1200 baht) and spend 2 days there (enjoy ao nang, railay beach). Make your way to Ko Phi Phi and spend two days here aswell (you can easily skip KPP and just do a daytrip from Ao Nang to 'the beach'). Head over to Phuket for another two or three days (maybe do a daytrip to Khao Sok Park). In Phuket you can catch the bus (5 hour ride) to Surat Thani . From Surat Thani you can catch the ferry to Ko Samui or Ko Phangan. Ko Samui is pretty touristy, so I recommend Ko Phangan. Don't spend too long on Ko Phangan, seeing as there isn't really that much to do besides hang out on the beach, snorkel and attend one of the moon parties. I'd stay on Ko Tao a bit longer then, and maybe take an Open Water Course (should take about 5 days). From Ko Tao take the ferry to Chumpon and bus to Bangkok (they sell combo tickets on the island for about 1000 baht and it takes roughly 8-10 hours). You can easily skip one side (the Gulf of Thailand or the Amandan Coast) and spend a lot more 'quality' time in one of those places. But I'm guessing this itinerary will do without rushing too much.
    ENJOY

#4 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 08:13

• charlottem92

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2014
    Location Belgium

Instead of Chiang Mai -Checkt out Kanchanaburi! It's only 2 hours from Bangkok (50-200 baht to get there) and there's plenty to do! Visit Elephant World (a non-profit refugee for elephants), go swim in the Erawan Waterfalls,… From Kanchanaburi, it's only an hour to Ayutthaya (where you can visit some ruins and catch a 100 baht train back to Bangkok).

#5 Posted: 20/5/2014 - 08:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.