Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Sleeping sheets

• KRStamm

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2007

I plan on staying in cheap hotels/ bungalows in the southern beaches. Do they proving sheets? Is it best to take my own sleeping sheet?

#1 Posted: 10/9/2007 - 23:12

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Most really inexpensive places will provide one if asked (if one isn't on the bed). The place I always stay at in Bangkok never puts them on the bed (just the one that covers the mattress), but they are there if asked for. I think most people don't use or need them because it's so hot most of the time.

You can always use a sarong for a bed sheet. Less bulky and less heavy. If you find you need or want a sheet, then you can always buy a cheap one there and get rid of it before going home.

#2 Posted: 11/9/2007 - 01:42

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

My wife carried a silk sleep sack with her on our most recent trip. Even though she only used it three or four times on our two month long trip, she was really glad she had it. She didn't need it for warmth but she was glad to have it to create a clean layer between her and sometimes questionable sheets. The sack folds up very small, weighs only about 200 grams or so, and cost about US$ 20. It was made in New Zealand. A versatile and budget alternative, as Tilapia already suggested, is to use your sarong or utility cloth instead. Hope that helps. Cheers.

#3 Posted: 11/9/2007 - 04:52

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

As a follow up, my lovely spouse confirmed that the silk sleep sack (also called a silk sleeping bag liner) came from the New Zealand Nature Company. The price has unfortunately gone up to about $35 now (or 20 quid if you are in the UK), but that apparently includes airmail shipping from New Zealand. It also comes with a stuff sack, and the weight is only 160 grams according to their website. Size is 210 cm by 85 cm (7 ft by 33 in). They also sell a double, for extra comfy snuggling, which is 210 cm by 170 cm and about double the price. I imagine there are several other similarly quality products out there, but this is what my wife used and she loves it. Cheers.

#4 Posted: 11/9/2007 - 09:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.