Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

One month island hopping

Posted by KRStamm on 11/9/2007 at 23:04

I have the entire month of November in Thailand!!! We plan on hanging out in the south mostly the islands, kyacking, snorkling, hiking to waterfalls and climbing. I was wondering what the best places are to see that are not crowed and how long did you stay on each island to get a good feel for it and actually relax. I am afraid that if we are too ambitious we will end up traveling the entire time and not seeing anything. Help!

#1 KRStamm has been a member since 10/9/2007. Posts: 38

Posted by exacto on 12/9/2007 at 04:11

Hey KRStamm,

If you haven't yet, you'll probably want to read the Thai Islands section on the Travelfish website. It has good information and will help you select which island(s) are best for your needs. Each island/area has its own personality, and the info on the website will help you learn what it is and plan accordingly.

Personally, one of my favorite spots is Khao Lak/Takuapa area, on the mainland coast an hour or two north of Phuket. But I haven't been there since the tsunami, so I can't say how things look these days. In any case, with an entire month at your disposal, you'll probably want to check out both coasts (Gulf of Thailand side and Andaman Sea side) to experience a variety of atmospheres. The weather should hopefully be okay by November without too much rain.

I'm sure others will chime in with their favorites and suggestions too. Cheers.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,626
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.