Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

critique my itinerary

• splashcayman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2014

hi all

as per the title, im looking for advise based on our possible itinerary. 2 mates who enjoy travelling and looking for more than just the drinking/backpacker scene.

start in phuket, 3 nights:

patong beach. we stay at yk patong. nice location away from the noise. amazing roof top pool. cheap for 3 *. needs a bit of doing up but hey...
    did the tiger kingdom last yr and really enjoyed
    enjoy the beach thing and a massage a day. we ate at the brazialian place on beach rd and thought it was amazing. will be sure to give that another go
    what else is a must for a day trip?

koh lanta 3 nights:

neither of us have been here b4 so its an open book. looking for nice 4 or 5* hotel in a nice area, a good pool with a good beach and near some action as in bars. wouldnt mind backpacker areas as long as theres nice hotels.
    what are must do in lanta, boat trips, culture???

ao nang 3 nights:

been here b4 and loved it. looking at staying red ginger chic which we saw last yr and looked nice. like the beach there and drinking street in the evenings.
    in the past, have done the cobra farm, monkey thing and muay thai show
    thinking of taking day trip to railey or near by islands for day trip/excursions

lastly, flying from krabi up to bangkok (bangers as we call it):

sick of staying on and around the famous khoa san rd so we're thinking of staying in a new area. has to be 5* as its the end of the tour and we like to finish in nice places.
    im sure during the 3 days there ksr will get a visit during the afternoon/evening to take in the atmosphere.
    never really done any tours from bangers so anything is a possible for here

we like to chill out by the pool during the day if not on trip and have a few cold beers and always get a massage a day where ever we are. other important things are that where ever we stay, it must have a pool.

im a former diving instructor so been there and done that when it comes to snorkelling and diving so thats not really high on our list of must do's.

anything culture wise, animal related (elephant trekking for example) we like doing.

really interested in any suggestions people have for koh lanta and also for bangers in terms of day trips and places/areas to stay

we plan on getting boat from phuket to lanta and speed boat from lanta to an nang and then fly from krabi up to bangers

i know some will say 3 days isnt enough but its worked pretty well for the last 5 yrs. we're there for a good time not a long time so money isnt the be all and end all.

any and all advise welcomed and thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 12/5/2014 - 11:07

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Itinerary critique please! ... By Bradders on 1 Apr 2013 10 1998 15 Apr 2013
Critique the Itinerary- do I have time to do more? ... By Sidiki on 7 Aug 2013 15 1183 9 Aug 2013
3-month SEA itinerary - please critique ... By adaminasia on 7 Aug 2013 33 3005 12 Aug 2013
October in SEA / 26 Day Itinerary Critique Please ... By SupremoSkelator on 5 Sep 2012 2 1414 6 Sep 2012
Critique my Trip Itinerary ? ... By powahgen on 17 Aug 2011 5 2751 18 Aug 2011
Please critique my 45 day SE asia itinerary ... By relf on 9 Apr 2008 3 3539 11 Apr 2008
Asia Itinerary- Critique please! ... By sarandjer on 15 Dec 2009 1 1420 15 Dec 2009
critique my 3 week itinerary please ... By smash on 21 Jun 2009 14 3886 2 Jul 2009
69 day trip - please critique my itinerary ... By daflj on 24 Sep 2008 7 2659 27 Oct 2008
3 week itinerary, your critique welcome! ... By iciclesecret on 23 Jul 2008 6 3805 25 Jul 2008