Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Phi Phi to Chiang Mai on Air Asia

• simonesa

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2013

Hello,

I am looking to make the jump from Ko Phi Phi to Chiang Mai on Air Asia's direct flight. I am currently being quoted $118 USD for two passengers, including checked bag fees and seat assignments. The flight departs at 1525 (3:25). Would we be cutting it close if we took the 10:30am ferry from Ko Phi Phi to Krabi and arrive at 12:00pm? I have read that the airport is about 20 minutes away from the pier. In my mind that seems like enough time, even if there is a delay with the ferry, an insignificant delay. I am paying for seat assignments, in order to give us a little more time if something goes wrong. I know that on Air Asia you could line up and pick a seat while boarding. I am curious though, how does that work? If a handful of people have already pick seats when they purchased tickets, will those people need to board first?

Also, I have visited a few websites to check the ferry schedule. We are traveling in August, which is the low/rainy season. Some have said that the ferries might not run on the same schedule...is this true? Some websites asked me to input my dates, and I was given the 10:30 am option.

I just want to make sure all my ducks are in a row before I purchase these Air Asia tickets. They're the cheapest I found, especially for the direct flight. Nok Air required a stop in BKK at a higher price.

Thank you in advance!

#1 Posted: 18/5/2014 - 11:21

• Advertisement

• Turkishpizza

Joined Travelfish
    11th May, 2014

Unless you want an exit row its not worth paying for a seat assignment. They assign seats for free in the airport like other airlines. Paying for seats in advance makes no difference if you arrive late to airport.

The airport is only 25 mins from the pier so 3 hours is plenty. Go to Krabi town for lunch and walk around there. Its only 10 mins from airport.

Ferries operate daily from Phi Phi to Nopphorat, Krabi year round.

#2 Posted: 18/5/2014 - 16:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.