Opinions on this proposed Thailand/Vietnam Trip
21st May, 2014
Currently this is our proposed plan for me and a friend who want to see as much of Thailand and Vietnam as possible but are only going for just over a month. We will be flying into Bangkok on July 8th and leaving on August 13th.
This is our rough initial plan:
1. Sleeper train up to Chiang Mai, spend a few days there and then return back to Bangkok
2. Get a flight to Hanoi and spend a few days there
3. Bus to Sa Pa, stay there for a few days then back to Hanoi
4. Then a bus to Ha Long Bay and get a tour there and stay maybe 1/2 nights before returning to Hanoi
5. Then get the sleeper train down along the coast stopping at Hoi Anand Nha Trang for a couple of days each
6. We should arrive at HCMC and spend a few days there and then get a flight back to Bangkok
7. We would then get a bus/train down to Chumphon and get a ferry out to Ko Tao where we stay a few nights and do some diving
8. Then on to Ko Pha-ngan for the full moon party on 10th August
9. After that return to Surat Thani and get the bus back up to Bangkok before our return flight on 13th
Here is a complex and detailed map showing our route
So basically is this plan feasible for getting as much in as possible while also getting to experience the culture and do a lot of activities?
Feel free to comment only on the Thai part of trip as I know this is the Thailand section of the forum
#1 Posted: 21/5/2014 - 07:12
6th June, 2009
Total reviews: 10
Meg (and i presume that's you name)
This is appears to be technically feasible. I've never been to Vietnam, but I can't fathom why said movements would be a problem. Experienced Vietnam tourists can give you more insight perhaps, so I'll leave that for them.
You didn't really explain why you wanted to go to each place though. I assume it's because they are noted locations on thr tourist circuit. If you highlight what you are looking for in each destination more insightful commentary would likely come forth.
As for "cutlure", well, you are hitting locations that are tourist oriented and not staying in one place long enough to get much real cultural exposure. Culture is about people and language and it's tough to absorb that when you're constantly moving. In your case it will be of necessity pretty superficial.
Understand that in terms of coming here (unlike touring Europe) this region is less about seeing things than it is enjoying the pace of life. Not that there aren't things to see, but the tropics eat things up quickly, so it doesn't have the same appeal as Europe does in that regard. But pace of life can't be beat. Your itinerary is pretty hectic, which will make it difficult to enjoy the pace of life. You've got 13 travel days there, and each of them will eat time in one way shape or fashion. Food for thought.
Lastly, the full Moon party is regarded in most quarters as suspect from a safety standpoint. So you might want to do some research on that one first.
Have a great trip.
#2 Posted: 21/5/2014 - 21:01
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Opinions on this proposed Vietnam Trip ...||4||1098||24 May 2014|
|Proposed trip to Burma ...||10||3987||6 Aug 2011|
|Proposed Trip to Laos ...||15||2426||17 May 2011|
|My Proposed trip South To north Feedback please ...||1||2126||7 Nov 2006|
|Opinions and suggestions needed - 4wk trip ...||14||3440||3 Jul 2009|
|trip plan for a month in Laos ,Your opinions ...||9||2927||6 Aug 2010|