Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

2 weeks in Thailand...

Posted by Krishano912 on 15/6/2014 at 08:59

I'm looking to book a flight to Thailand for the end of November. Will be landing in Bangkok and plan to spend a night there before heading to the coast for some beach and partying. I also want to take in some culture so would be grateful if anyone could recommend three places that could fulfil my wants? Ideally alternating between taking in culture/land activities one day and a lazy beach day the next and partying at night. (Not a massive party animal these days but would like to experience everything on offer!!)

I may also extend my stay by a week and travel to either Cambodia or Vietnam for 5 days (travel via air or train), before heading back to Bangkok for a flight back to Blighty!

All suggestions as to where to visit are welcome as well as route suggestions.

If it makes any difference, I'm 27 and male and will sadly be on my own lol.

Thanks in advance.

#1 Krishano912 has been a member since 15/6/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by Nuvadee on 20/6/2014 at 13:48

Hi , I live in Bangkok Thailand .
If u have some questions u can ask me any time.

#2 Nuvadee has been a member since 20/6/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by Annie26 on 11/7/2014 at 03:28

Hi Nuvadee. I am planning on coming to Bangkok next August. I am worried about the rain and flooding. Can you give me some advise/should I postpone my trip to November. Thanks

#3 Annie26 has been a member since 11/7/2014. Posts: 6

Posted by HunterC on 1/9/2014 at 02:50

Nothing to be sad about being on your own! ;) Pay a visit to Chaweng Beach and maybe stay at the Anantara Lawana Resort. A night there should set the mood for your trip well enough!

#4 HunterC has been a member since 26/8/2014. Posts: 3

Posted by muskey on 21/9/2014 at 16:15

Alright krishano912. Firstly... do not worry about travelling alone in asia, you will meet hundreds of like minded solo travellers who will be willing to give you advise, share a story and get piss'd with you. Secondly... try and find time to visit the 'grand palace' in Bangkok, awesome temple. Take a good camera cos the scenery is breath taking in most area's. All the best.

#5 muskey has been a member since 21/2/2010. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 25

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.