Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

BANGKOK LOCALS: Where can I find myself a badass laser pointer?

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014

I'm talking about one of those sweet green laser pointers where you can see the entire beam. Ideally I could light a ciggy with it. That's not entirely necessary though. As long as I can see the beam. Any ideas? Panthip? MBK? That back alley behind _____?

Cheers all.

#1 Posted: 18/6/2014 - 09:54

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I bought a very good one for a gift just at the night markets on Sukhumvit road - some stall about halfway between Asok and Nana BTSs - can't remember how much it cost, but the guy said it had a range of 4km and when he demo'd it, it did shine a very long way - you wound't be able to light a smoke with it tho!

#2 Posted: 18/6/2014 - 17:01

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014

You da man. I'll check it out. Thanks somtam2000!

Signed,

comtam3000

#3 Posted: 18/6/2014 - 20:14

• comtam3000

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2014

For anyone else looking for one of these suckers,I bought mine on the 4th floor of MBK I believe in the Tokyo area...paid 1700 baht for it, seemed as though this was the lowest they'd go.

#4 Posted: 12/7/2014 - 20:08

• bosummer

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2014

A low powered green or blue laser pointer is just your ideal choice to do so. You might have a try of Berlinlasers 5mW green laser pointer to make presentation or projection in darkness. It is enough to make visible beam emitting at night.
    5mW green laser pointer belongs to ClassIIIa laser, which can be owned legally and is totally safe to human eyes.You might have a try of this gadget first.

#5 Posted: 16/7/2014 - 10:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Anyone Has Taken 5mW Astronomy Laser Pointer In Travel ... By bosummer on 3 Aug 2014 0 233 3 Aug 2014