Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Money on Ko Chang, Ko Mak, Ko Wai

• sarah100

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2007

Does anyone know if there are places to get cash/atms/use travellers cheques on the smaller islands around Ko Chang?

Do the small hotels/huts take cards or should we take all our cash with us.

A little worried about carrying large amounts of cash around.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 21/9/2007 - 16:03

• Advertisement

• Gunism

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2007

There're no ATMs or any places you can get your cash on Ko Mak, Ko Wai and also Ko Kham. However, the islands are small and not busy at all, and it's quite safe there.

There may be some resorts, not many, on Ko Mak accepting your credit cards; but I'm not sure about Ko Wai. The last, Ko Kham,a one-resort island: only cash is available there.

Anyway, I don't think you'll need large amount of money there, coz there're not many things to spend your money for, except food,drinks,accommodation and a bit of sea activities.

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 24/9/2007 - 00:32

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi you have plenty of places on Koh Chang to get cash for the other islands. We were on Koh Mak in march and you can get a cash advance from Koh Mak resort if you fall short. I think they charge about 3.5% for the cash advance but can come in handy.
    Regards

#3 Posted: 24/9/2007 - 06:53

• sarah100

Joined Travelfish
    13th September, 2007

Thank you all for your help. Sarah

#4 Posted: 24/9/2007 - 20:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.