Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thailand in December

• FindlayLJ24-

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Hi, can anyone recommend a Thai island with good weather, nightlife, food, and a beach around the first week in December. I know it's probably a stupid question but I want the inside scope. Thanks Findlay

#1 Posted: 17/7/2014 - 12:20

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Have a look at this island review http://www.travelfish.org/islands.php
    A-List (most popular with big tourist infrastructure) Phuket, Phi Phi, Ko Lanta, Samui, etc.
    B-List (range of options, slightly more chilled) Ko Lipe, Ko Phangan, Ko Tao, Ko Muk, Ko Kradan, etc.
    C-List (slightly off the beaten path but getting popular) Ko Jum, Ko Phayam, Ko Yao Noi/Yai, etc.
    Personally in December I'd be heading for Ko Lanta, Ko Lipe, or maybe Ko Kradan, and I'd be booking accommodation in advance.
    Or I'd be waiting until March when the crowds are gone ;-)

#2 Posted: 18/7/2014 - 00:58

• SiamAndBeyo-
    nd

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2014

What kind of nightlife are you interested in?
    Every island has good weather, food, and a beach.
    Nightlife can be quite different from place to place.

#3 Posted: 21/7/2014 - 04:49

• FindlayLJ24-

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Thanks for the info Captain_Bob - I think we're definitely going to visit Koh Lanta (I've never been there) and maybe one of the Islands on the B list. We'll need to catch a flight back to Bangkok so we don't want too much hassle getting to the airport.

SiamAndBeyond - We're looking for a mixture of wild nights and nice restaurants. We'll a bit old for partying 24hrs!

#4 Posted: 21/7/2014 - 04:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.