Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Buying bus tickets in Bangkok

Posted by regina5 on 30/9/2007 at 03:22

Can I buy bus tickets for the nightbus Bangkok Ranong a couple of weeks before I want to travel? It's either that or buying on departure day because I'll be in Laos before then. Could getting a seat a few hours before departure time be a problem? Thanks!

#1 regina5 has been a member since 24/9/2007. Posts: 32

Posted by somtam2000 on 30/9/2007 at 13:55 admin

I'm not sure if the govt buses can be booked in advance or not. Travel agents in bkk will be able to book you tickets on private buses though. Perhaps contact one and see what they say.

Charlie Connection (http://www.khaosanroad.com/charlieconnection/bus.htm) has a pretty good reputation.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by regina5 on 30/9/2007 at 22:36

Thanks. Still I wonder, I've read dire warnings about buying bustickets from Agencies, especially on KhaoSan........

#3 regina5 has been a member since 24/9/2007. Posts: 32

Posted by exacto on 1/10/2007 at 06:27

Hi Regina,

I've booked train tickets with Charlie Connection from overseas as well as airline tickets with them while I was in Bangkok. Excellent service, great English, and everything was perfect. Just as Somtam says, they are fine to use.

If you are worried about booking ahead of time, then just show up at the bus station and purchase your ticket on the day you wish to travel. Unless you are travelling on a major Thai Holiday weekend, you should be fine. If you are flexible on the date you need to travel, then you'll be even better.

When are your travelling?

An alternative is to take the train to Chumphon and bus it from there. There used to be flights on Bangkok Airways and Phuket Airlines, but I'm not sure those are available anymore.

I've only ever passed through Ranong. What's taking you there? Cheers.

#4 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,626
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by regina5 on 1/10/2007 at 22:24

exacto: just like taking the road less travelled. We'll have a car and spend a few days checking out the sights. Then there are a couple of promising-sounding places to rest relax near Ranong.
Thanks everyone.

#5 regina5 has been a member since 24/9/2007. Posts: 32

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.