Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

bus tickets online?

• annu75

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007
    Location United States

hi, i am planning to take the bus from bangkok to siem reap or phnom penh. does anyone know if i can buy those tickets online somewhere? i read about this charlie travel guy, he also offers bus passes all the way through to cambodia and not only to the border...has anyone ever purchased them online?

thanks for all your help

#1 Posted: 30/9/2007 - 23:50

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi annu75,

I'd strongly suggest not buying a through ticket from Bangkok to Siem Reap -- online or in person -- as the service is almost invariably a scam. You can read about how to travel from Bangkok to Siem Reap here.

#2 Posted: 1/10/2007 - 08:49

• annu75

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2007
    Location United States

so you wouldn't trust this charlie?

i meant this agency, he has the through pass for 800?

http://www.khaosanroad.com/charlieconnection/bus.htm

so i can at any time just go to this busstation morchit and buy my ticket and hop on the bus? would you rather take the train to the border or the bus? what's more comfortable? which stops more often? i am asking because i want to be able to take pictures through the window or so...;-)

#3 Posted: 1/10/2007 - 10:58

• Emilyroggers

Joined Travelfish
    1st July, 2010

Yes, you can do online bus ticket booking from many online sites. Online booking not only saves your time but also money because you do not have to go to bus station for booking the tickets. At any time and from any place you can book the tickets.

#4 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 13:25

• Thaiman

Click here to learn more about Thaiman
    Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2008

Yes,you can just go to Morchit and buy the ticket.If you want to take photos then train travel is far better.They tend to stop more often because they break down more often.LOL.You tend to get better views of the country as well.But be aware that the train will leave on time but very,very rarely arrives on time.Buses have 2 speeds,flat out and stop.

#5 Posted: 1/7/2010 - 14:36

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

The "agency" buses (aka the "scam bus") usually gives you the runaround at the border, insisting you pay them extra to process a Cambodian visa rather than letting you do it yourself for the correct $20 price, and again coming to Siem Reap where you may be dropped on the edge of town at "their" guesthouse. If you don't mind that, fine, but can do more independently just getting to Mo Chit bus termional in Bangkok around 8am and take the next government-licensed bus to the border, then group up with other travellers for a shared taxi into Siem Reap. Read here: http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-overland-bkksr.htm

#6 Posted: 2/7/2010 - 15:28

• Hoaxguy25

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2011

Yes you should try to buy bus tickets online but onli from safe salers, do not trust any sites for that and check for scams , ussualy u can find them at http://full-tickets.com/

#7 Posted: 23/8/2011 - 20:57

• katielane18

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2010
    Location United States

I would agree, don't buy the "all the way through" tickets. They are rarely actually all the way through and take SOOOOOOOO much longer and are much more expensive than doing it on your own. I have taken the train and the bus and I would recommend the bus. The train is better for a slice of Thai life but it takes a long time and is very hot and crowded. We actually had to stand for the entire 6 hours of the train ride.

My advice would be to take the bus and do it all on your own. It's pretty easy and can be fun if you have the right attitude.

#8 Posted: 24/8/2011 - 10:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Buying airline tickets online ... By stef25 on 13 Nov 2013 0 803 13 Nov 2013
online bus tickets - did someone book it before by mobile phone? ... By GuideLion on 6 Mar 2014 5 914 13 Nov 2014
Malaysia online train tickets - working again! ... By idreamofdurian on 2 Mar 2011 5 10124 9 Aug 2012