Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Transfer from Phuket to Koh Yao Yai

• lisagm100

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2014
    Location Malta

Hi I wonder if anyone can can help me cause I'm at a loss trying to find the correct info. I will be travelling from Phuket to Koh Yao Yai next year and I have already booked accommodation on Koh Yao Yai. I will be staying at the Santhiya Spa Resort.
    My question is which pier should I get the ferry from which pier on Phuket and which pier on Koh Yao Yai is closest to the Santhiya Resort.
    On some websites I read that the closest pier on Koh Yao Yai to the Santhiya is Koh Jark Pier whereas on others I found that Klong Hia Pier is closest so I am confused. I would rather know exactly from where and to where I should go rather than waste time over there. I have tried finding these piers on google maps to get an idea where they are but no luck there either.
    The resort have offered their services for transfer however they are far more expensive than the regular ferry/longtail.
    I have also read that its possible to rent a motor scooter on Phuket and take it across to Koh Yao Yai however I not sure re ferry in this case either.
    Your help would really be appreciated.Thank youLisa

#1 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 01:24

• Advertisement

• sambrown

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2013

Hi there -- this is from Lana (currently typing on her phone as she researches Phi Phi...)

If she's coming from Phuket airport best to catch the ferry from Bang Rong to klong hia. Much faster that way, and more frequent ferry service from that pier. Yao Yai not big so either pier ok, the bigger concern is avoiding traffic on Phuket. But that resort has its own private pier on loh paret so if she takes their boat it will take her straight there.

#2 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 01:48

• lisagm100

Joined Travelfish
    23rd June, 2014
    Location Malta

Thank you Lana this is just what I needed. Thanks for your help :)

#3 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 01:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Transfer from Phi Phi to Phuket???? ... By germcmanus on 1 May 2008 6 1108 2 May 2008