Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Island visit last week of october

• PadThai

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2013

Hi
    We're currently planning our trip to Thailand and Laos. Our trip starts on october 26th and we're staying for 3 weeks.
    Since we're going to a wedding in Laos (fixed date), we would like to start in Thailand with a few days at the beach. I've read that october is not the best month to visit the islands (rain), but we don't have a lot of choice.
    Can anyone advise us on an island that has pretty good weather at the end of rain season? Since it will already be 26th of october when we arrive, I'm hoping weather will be okay by that time. We've visited Ko Chang last year, so we prefer to go to the south this time.
    Snorkeling is definitaly a must!
    Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 12:53

• Advertisement

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

End of October is actually not a bad time to hit any of the islands... The rains are usually wrapping up but you still get the low season prices and lack of crowds. The only thing to keep in mind is that some of the national park islands, like Ko Tarutao and Ko Surin, don't open until mid November, and a lot of the resorts and restaurants might still be closed on some of the more offbeat islands, like Ko Bulon Lae and Ko Sukorn. Otherwise, take your pick. For good snorkeling you might consider Ko Tao, Ko Lipe and the Trang islands (Ko Muk, Ko Kradan, Ko Ngai), but there are lots of options. Ko Lanta is good if you want some space to motorbike around and more stuff to do.

#2 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 21:17

• DLuek

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 14

It dawned on me after I posted that the Gulf side does see some heavier rain in October, though I've never actually been to any of those islands at that time so can't say what it's like exactly. I have been Andaman islands in late October and it was fine.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2014 - 21:20

• PadThai

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2013

Hi, thanks for the reassuring reply! We'll probably choose the Andaman islands in that case

#4 Posted: 21/8/2014 - 09:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.