Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Hostel exchange in Bangkok - voluntary work in return for a free bed

Posted by Eldwyer90 on 21/8/2014 at 06:51

Hi guys,

I am currently coming towards the end of my travels and I have two weeks to kill before I fly home. I am just wondering if anyone is aware of any hostels in Bangkok or surrounding areas that offer a free bed for the night in return for voluntary work. I would ideally like a base so that I can use my last 15 days applying for work back home in the UK. As you can imagine, money is a bit tight as it's towards the end of my travels!

Any help/advice would be really appreciative!

Eleanor

#1 Eldwyer90 has been a member since 14/5/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by DLuek on 21/8/2014 at 09:29 TF writer

As luck would have it, a few days ago I checked out a new hostel that's practically next to Asok BTS off Sukhumvit Road that's doing exactly what you're asking for. It's called COW Hostel, which stands for "Citizens of the World", and it's run by a very friendly guy who, as I understood it, is offering free stays to English-speaking travelers who are willing to take part in casual English conversation meetings (he calls it the English Club) for a few hours a week. He just did the first meeting last week and it sounds like it was more of a party than a class. The dorms looked pretty comfy -- air-con, good mattress, private reading lamp and outlet, privacy curtain and locker. The place will be listed soon in the Sukhumvit section of the Bangkok guide here on Travelfish, but for now, here's the info he gave me:

COW Hostel
Sukhumvit Soi 19 (first right down the little alley if coming from Sukhumvit Road)
T: (02) 000 7353
www.cowhostel.com
www.facebook.com/cowenglishclub

#2 DLuek has been a member since 19/6/2008. Location: Thailand. Posts: 1,121
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by Eldwyer90 on 21/8/2014 at 09:34

Wow, thank you very much for being so informative. I've got a couple of years experience teaching english so this should be right up my street. I'll give them a call tomorrow!

Thanks again!

#3 Eldwyer90 has been a member since 14/5/2013. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.