Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

From yao yai to Ao nang or close by

• lorean811

Joined Travelfish
    21st August, 2014

Hi all. I'm new to this site so please bare with me. I'm going to thailand in January, and we are spending a few nights phuket, then over to yao noi for 3 nights then yao yai for a few. From here we are going to krabi. This is where I'm confused. Krabi is just a stop off for a few nights before our flight but I thought it would be nice to stay near a beach and I heard ao nang was nice, then into krabi town to get our bus to the rest of our journey. Thing is I'm really unsure of how to get from yao yai to ao nang. I know I could go from klong hia pier to Thalen pier and then somehow get to ao nang. Or is there another more direct way? Anyone that's done this I'd be great foul of your help, or if you can suggest somewhere else I should consider staying.

Thanks in advance

#1 Posted: 21/8/2014 - 14:25

• Advertisement

• lanathai

TF writer
    Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2011
    Location Thailand
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Hi, the quickest way to reach Ao Nang from Yao Yai would be to first take a boat back to Yao Noi (no direct service to Krabi from Yao Yai), then catch the 3.30pm speedboat from Yao Noi's Manoh pier to Nopparat Thara, which is the nearest pier to Ao Nang (10 minute drive away, plenty of taxis).

Here's the latest ferry schedule -- http://www.travelfish.org/transport/thailand/southern_thailand/phang_nga/ko_yao_noi/all -- come January the departure times may change, but anyway ferry service in this area is very easy to arrange once you've arrived so I wouldn't worry too much about planning it in advance. Your hotel on Yao Yai should be able to help give you the latest schedule, book tix, etc.

It wouldn't be difficult to arrange a private longtail or speedboat transfer either, though I'm not sure what the cost would be from Yao Yai to Ao Nang. If I recall correctly a private longtail boat transfer from Yao Noi to Ao Nang was 3000 baht (for 2-4 pax).

#2 Posted: 26/8/2014 - 01:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.