Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

24 day Itinerary Thailand

• ManWithNoPl-
    an

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2014

Hi,

I've booked tickets for a solo trip to Thailand for 24 days starting in the middle of October. Just looking for any suggestions or tips on my itinerary. Here is a rough outline:

6 nights Bangkok at beginning
    2 nights Ayutthaya
    5 nights Krabi
    4 nights Phi Phi
    4 nights Lanta
    3 nights BKK
    Home

Is this a reasonable amount of time in each place? I have been to North Thailand before so this is pretty much a BKK+Islands oriented holiday. I was going to go to Khao Sok instead of Ayutthaya but not sure where is better and also not sure if I can just show up at Khao Sok and stay there or do I need an organized trip? Cheers for any help.

#1 Posted: 27/8/2014 - 05:24

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Nine out of 24 days in Bangkok seems a bit much, but depends if you like big crowded cities. A few days usually suits most visitors then it's a relief to go somewhere more peaceful. Khao Sok NP is excellent, and in October not likely to be busy so maybe just get to the area outside the park entrance where most of the accommodation is and get a room for a couple nights. From there you can also arrange a trip to the lake and stay a night at one of the raft houses. Re. "Krabi" might want to be more specific, i.e. could be Railay Beach or Ao Nang or a handful of other beach destinations, or the town itself. October is still a bit unpredictable at the tail end of rainy season so anticipate at least some of the wet stuff.

#2 Posted: 27/8/2014 - 08:33

• ManWithNoPl-
    an

Joined Travelfish
    27th August, 2014

Cheers for the reply. I loved Bangkok when I spent 2 days there last year but it wasn't enough, I only stayed around Khao San Road. The place was just full of energy, never been anywhere like it and would like to explore more. In Krabi I was thinking of splitting up time between Railay Beach and Ao Nang. Had a feeling I picked a bad time for weather that's why i'm delaying the islands as long as possible.

#3 Posted: 27/8/2014 - 09:25

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Bagnkok is like that. Some love it, some hate.

If you are not compelled to pre-book, I'd kill the timeline and just move on when you get bored somewhere.

#4 Posted: 27/8/2014 - 23:49

• gregmccann1

Joined Travelfish
    28th October, 2009
    Location Taiwan
    Total reviews: 5

While you'r down in Krabi you can check out one of the national parks, like Khao Phanom Bencha, or Thornabok Koranee where you can kyak through mangroves and limestone caves. I also recommend hiking up to the top of Tiger Cave Temple. It's something like 1,280 steps up, some of which are very high and there are a lot of macaques there, but the view is stupendous.

#5 Posted: 29/8/2014 - 02:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.