Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Ban Sop Ruak accommodation?

Posted by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 12:13

Hello,

I am planning my trip on th North Thailand.
In the 3rd day I plan to start from ThaTon, then DoiMaeSalong, DoiTung, MaeSae and stop for night at Ban Sop Ruak.
Is there any suggestion about accommodation?
Or may be better overnight in ChiangSaen?

#1 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/10/2007 at 12:55 admin

Hi Vlad,

Unless you've up for $500 a night at the Four Seasons (or about $90 at the Imperial), you're far better off staying at Chiang Saen, where there's a handful of budget joints.

By the way, to travel from Tha Ton to Doi Mae Salong to Doi Tung to Mai Sai to Sop Ruak in a day is close to impossible ... unless you're travelling by helicopter -- in which case the Four Seasons is probably right up your alley!

Hope that helps!

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/10/2007 at 12:56 admin

Forgot to add the link for the Four Seasons -- it's apparently totally fabulous.

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,434
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by cybervlad on 5/10/2007 at 13:49

Hi Somtam,

Thanx!
I used GoogleMaps to calculate distance from ThaTon - 164 km to Ban SopRuak or 174 km to Chiang Saen. Not so "impossible" while traveling on car :)
But I think it will be better to overnight in MaeSae in our case...

#4 cybervlad has been a member since 6/6/2007. Location: Thailand. Posts: 182
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.