Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

How was the White Sands Beach Resort on Koh Chang?

• tttraveller

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2007

We are looking at going to Koh Chang as well for Christmas. Has anyone stayed at the White Sands Beach Resort? How was it?

Look forward to your reply.
    T. Naylor

#1 Posted: 8/10/2007 - 00:22

• Advertisement

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Its a good resort, there are a few better, but it is good. The whole island is a bit lackluster though. I have been a few times, never really been inspired though. The resort you want is still good.

#2 Posted: 10/10/2007 - 10:34

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

White Sand used to be my favorite resort on Koh Chang when I was visiting regularly in the late 1990's and early 2000's. I haven't been for several years, however, after the island underwent significant development.

What I liked best about White Sand was that it was a good 1 km walk up the beach from the road, more or less at the end of the beach, which meant that there wasn't any car traffic (no road) and not much foot traffic either.

The sand and water there were excellent. The rooms were just okay, although several were right on the water, which made for the paradise island atmosphere most of us seek. The staff was always a bit indifferent and the food good but better available for a short walk down the beach. Regards.

#3 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 10:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
White Sands Resort Phan Thiet ... By onimusha on 13 Feb 2012 0 1686 13 Feb 2012
Help me chose a hotel in Koh Chang's White Sand Beach ... By AprilJef on 20 Dec 2012 4 1997 20 Dec 2012
Hoi An Golden Sands Resort renovations? ... By BrigZapps on 9 Feb 2014 4 1239 12 Mar 2014
Wanted: A white beach for Christmas ... By Helen78 on 15 Aug 2006 2 1836 21 Aug 2006