Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Bangkok Accomm - help needed!

• inthroughth-
    ebathroomwindow

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2007

Hello!

I arrive in BK 8th November (flight gets in at 4pm local time). For my first night I'd like somewhere chilled and quiet where I can comfortably catch up on some sleep for 600baht, 700-800 baht at a push.
    I'm thinking maybe West Banglamphu area?

The next day I want to do some sightseeing: Grand Palace, reclining buddha, the river, national gallery after possibly finding somewhere else to stay in the same area, if not closer to Kao Sahn Road (bit cheaper this night as I'm getting a flight to Cambodia on 10th November at 2pm, so easy proximity to a bus stop for the airport bus would be handy!)

Shanti Lodge or Tavee guesthouse are a few of my final choices - any reviews?

Sorry if that's long-winded it's just I'm a solo female traveller so I wanna have my first few nights in Bangkok sorted, so I can chill a bit, do a bit of sightseeing and hopefully meet a few people too! I've done sooo much research and reading up on places that I've got information overload at the mo!!

Any recommendations would be very appreciated!

Thank you! :)

#1 Posted: 11/10/2007 - 20:33

• Advertisement

• palo28

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2007

Hey,

Check out New Siam Guest houses around the Banglamphu area, 5 mins walk from airport bus stop, New Siam I is nice and clean and costs around 320 BHT for a room and share bathroom New Siam II has a swimming pool and nicer rooms for around 700 BHT www.newsiam.net

#2 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 12:08

• ashagh

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2007

Try ashaguesthouse.com not the Koa Sarn Rd but if you want to chill out then this is the place. Amenities include swimming pool, free internet, free washing machines, free gym, pool room. restaurant, bar, sahe and clean. Prices are 375b for fan shared bathroom and 481b A/C pewr room. Ideal price if 2 sharing.
    Phone +66 (0) 2 271 1417

#3 Posted: 12/10/2007 - 13:54

• travelsalone

Joined Travelfish
    19th March, 2006
    Location Cambodia

I stayed at Shanti Lodge in June 2006 and liked it overall. It was clean and comfortable, and the restaurant had good food and lots of plants, but beware of a street side room - very noisy! I liked watching all the goings on in the early hours, but if you don't want the noise, bring ear plugs or ask for a back room. There is some controversy about the staff there being nice, but I found them to be helpful and pleasant.

#4 Posted: 13/10/2007 - 23:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Bangkok-accomm against child trafficking ... By suebroome on 9 Mar 2012 13 1322 13 Mar 2012