Photo: Almost Maldivian at Ao Noi, Ko Kut.

Thailand forum

Damnoek Suduak floating market

Posted by Harry05 on 14/10/2007 at 16:13

I am a bit in doubt about visiting Damnoek Suduak floating market, as I read quite mixed reviews about it. First I was thinking about visiting it coming from the south (via Ratburi) on my way to Kanchanaburi, but now I am thinking about going first to Bangkok and after that to Kanchanaburi and head up north to Ayuthaya. In this case I wanna take a tour from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi, including a quick visit to the market (as I suppose I will see more floating markets on my trip from Thailand-Laos-Cambodia to Vietnam):

1. What do you think, is it worth a (quick) visit? Any other recommendations about that?

2. Is there direct transport from Kanchanaburi to Ayuthaya or do I have to go back via Bangkok?

Thanx in advance answering,

Harry.

#1 Harry05 has been a member since 9/9/2007. Posts: 60

Posted by travelsalone on 14/10/2007 at 19:53

I am guessing that this is the same market - Damnoen Saduak, and going on that assumption, I would say that if you happen by there it is worth a look, but I wouldn't recommend going too far out of your way for it - especially since you are going all around southeast Asia. I found the market to be geared to farang and most of the stuff for sale is the same as the stall next to it, stuff is overpriced, and can pretty much be gotten anywhere in Thailand. On the plus side, it was fun to go along in the boat and people watch while drinking cold beer...

#2 travelsalone has been a member since 19/3/2006. Location: Thailand. Posts: 41

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.