Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Trat Accomodation

Joined Travelfish
    3rd October, 2007

We will be spending a night at Trat and take the ferry to Koh Kood the next morning. We are looking for places to spend the night. Nothing flashy, but a place that's clean, has attached bathroom and is easy to get to from the point where our bus (from Bangkok) would drop us. Budget would be something around 750 Baht.

Please do let us know if you have any suggestions that fit the requirements above!

#1 Posted: 15/10/2007 - 19:42

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey 4439,

Several years ago I stumbled across a place in Trat town called Residang House and have enjoyed several happy stays there on the way to Ko Chang, etc. It has been a few years since I visited there, so please accept this recommendation with that caveat. Should it still be there, it is a pleasant and quiet place just over a km walk from the main market in Trat town. The address is 87/1 So Thanacharoen with phone number (039) 530-103 or 530-104.

The place is modest, with shared bath. Prices were in the 200 to 300 baht range. That doesn't exactly fit what you've written, but it is a good spot and worth a look. Cheers.

#2 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 10:06

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

I cycled through there a few months back and there was nothing fancy on offer. I stayed at the central hotel, next to the market and department store. It was a shabby affair at 200 Baht for a room (squat toilet and fan). There are a couple of other places in town, I noticed a few by the bus station, but didn't inspect them. You will find something, but maybe not what you want. I'm sorry I can't be more help!

Btw the market at night is well worth a visit, some of the best food I have eaten in Thailand, lovely.

#3 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 10:07

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 71

Trat Guest House is a really nice spot, but without attached bathrooms. The bathrooms are spotless and large, however, as are the rooms. It's about a 2 min. walk from the market. The owner is a great guy. Prices don't even approach 750B, though. Maybe 200B at the most.

I used to stay at Windy but since the last time I stayed a walkway has been built along the canal. This means that the rooms that backed onto the canal now back onto a public walkway, so less privacy (and a lot less atmosphere) than before.

The buses used to drop people off at the market, but no longer. The new bus station gets all the bus traffic, it seems, and you go from songthaew to the centre of town. About 3 or 4 minutes.

There are a handful of places along the road that runs parallel to the canal, and in the little alleyways that lead to that road. Choice isn't large, but most choices are good (except at the hotel by the market/department store).

Cheers

#4 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 18:40

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

Just to add to the above, Residang was okay about a year ago, nothing much to complain about, but in the same price range (cheap like everything in Trat) I prefer Guy Guesthouse. Nice owners and rooms with attached (Western) bathrooms. I don't think there's anything particularly flashy in town.

I've spent a total of five nights in Trat and quite like it. It has a subtle small-town charm. The market is fun, and there's a really nice restaurant across the street from Residang (called Pier 112 I think). Cheap haircuts/shaves and massages around town too :).

#5 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 20:45

• bensadlier

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2009
    Location Australia

hi guys,

First time poster here. I am from Australia and travelling with 3 friends in January 2010. We want to stay in Trat, and from what we have read of the reviews, the trat guesthouse sounds like the place to stay. Unfortunately we cannot find any contact details for the place. We tried to ring the number but had no luck. Do they have a website, email address or any sort of contact information to make a booking?

Thanks,

Ben.

#6 Posted: 2/11/2009 - 13:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Accomodation in Trat for Jan 2010 ... By bensadlier on 2 Nov 2009 11 3164 7 Dec 2009