Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Quiet beaches within easy access of Bangkok

• paulk

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2007

Hi
    I am in Bangkok for 3 weeks in November and am looking for a side trip to a beach for 3/4 days. I am not looking to spend much time travelling. Most beach resorts sound great at first and then I read reviews reporting crowds and dirty beaches. Can anyone recommend somewhere off the beaten with good accommodation where you can be away from crowds and enjoy a quiet clean beach within easy access of Bangkok?
    Advice is much appreciated

Paul

#1 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 19:20

• Advertisement

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

Very dependable on what you would call 'easy access'? 1, 2, 3 or 4 hours ride?

I like Pranburi beach, 3-4 hours out of Bangkok. Nice accommodation and quiet.

Other vouch for Koh Samet, quiet during the week. 2-3 hours from Bangkok.

Other still, swear by Rayong or Koh Chang. It really does depend on you.

#2 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 19:50

• ChangFai

Click here to learn more about ChangFai
    Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2007
    Location Thailand

Havent been there in a while , but Bang Saen used to be quiet enough mid-week , and very close to Bangkok.

Cha-am , again can be very quiet mid-week , or even quieter head further down the coast to Ao Manao in Prachuap Khiri Khan .

All the above are busy with Thai families at the weekends though.

#3 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 22:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 night, 2 days in BKK - where to stay with easy access to airport & centre. ... By jessyb on 3 Aug 2014 2 363 3 Aug 2014
Quiet Thailand Beaches ... By dande on 7 Feb 2008 2 6329 1 Mar 2008