Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Thai islands over Christmas

• rocketgirl

Joined Travelfish
    1st October, 2007

I would like to spend 3 weeks from 20th December-10th Jan around the Thai islands Ko Tao, Ko Pha Ngan and Railay, which I know are all popular islands. I only have a 500-600 baht a day budget, so can only really afford accommodation of 400-500 baht a day maximum (i'm sharing my room with a friend).

I've been looking online to try and book my room in advance but none of the cheap options let you book online, so I'm not sure what to do. Originally I was going to do the following 20-26th Dec Ko Pha Ngan, 27th-3rd Ko Tao and 4th-10th Railay, however I'm a bit worried that I wont be able to get a place, especially in Ko Tao as that seems to be their busiest time of year and its only a small island.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe I should just go straight to Ko Tao on 20th Dec and stay there for 2 weeks and just get the boat accross for the Full Moon Party on 24th, instead of staying on Ko Pha Ngan first, but was wondering if Ko Tao be fully booked already by 20th Dec?

#1 Posted: 17/10/2007 - 17:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Your idea is a good one -- the islands are filling up, but the bulk of the places can't be booked online -- by showing up early and being willing to commit for a fair stretch of time, you should be fine.

#2 Posted: 17/10/2007 - 19:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
CHRISTMAS HONEYMOON ON THAI ISLANDS WHICH ISLANDS DO YOU RECOMMEND ... By Warriorcandy on 1 Dec 2011 1 1016 4 Dec 2011