Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Purchasing Rucksack - Bangkok

• Mimi

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2007

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling to Thailand for the first time in December and was wondering how easily I could purchase a sturdy rucksack (about 70L) in Bangkok. If they're easy to find, where in particular can I find one? I live in a small town here and they are anything between $200-$300.

#1 Posted: 23/10/2007 - 05:17

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You'll be able to get a fake one not problems -- for well under US$70. It will be fake though so won't last as long. There are also better quality ones around in dept stores and so on, so you should be able to find something.

How are you planning on getting your stuff from your home town to Bangkok though?!

Amazon may also be worth a look - they have lots of backpacks etc for sale.

#2 Posted: 23/10/2007 - 08:54

• Mimi

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2007

I am planning to get to Bangkok with a suitcase, and leave it with a storage facility that I have read about - Bangkok Self Storage Thailand on Rama IV road. I am doing this only because I am going to Ho Chi Minh City afterwards (as I have family there). Thus I will have presents etc from Australia with me when I enter Bangkok and don't plan to lug it around with me for 14 days. It seems like a good idea in my head at the moment (haha) but I will have to see how much I have. Thanks for your reply - muchly appreciated.

#3 Posted: 23/10/2007 - 09:00

• princessdis-
    aster

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2006

just something to consider, if you are going to leave stuff in storage do you really need a 70L backpack? I only travel around with a 40L backpack and it is never full and yes I go for months at a time.

#4 Posted: 23/10/2007 - 10:44

• Mimi

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2007

There are reasons as to why I would like to have such a large rucksack (besides never having travelled really light before).

#5 Posted: 23/10/2007 - 12:16

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.