Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Just saw some info on the website of Sayan Tours in Ao Phang Nga. They offer a tour through the bay leaving 14.00 PM (the normal 4 hours day tour) with an overnight stay in Koh Panyee muslim fishing village including dinner/breakfast and back to Ao Phang Nga at 8.30 AM. Price is 750 Baht. To me it looks good, being 2 times in the bay, with sunset and sunrise.

Can anyone recommend (or not) this tour (or other good tours)? Is it a normal price? You think I have to make reservations for beginning of december of just go there?

After Ao Phang Nga I want to go to Khao Sok NP. Is there a direct/regular connection/transport to Khao Sok? Do I have to go via Takua Pa or are there shorter connections (Kapong?). How long will it take to get there?

Thanx answering,

Harry.

#1 Posted: 28/10/2007 - 23:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sayan's a very long operating business -- price sounds more than reasonable. I'd say no need to book ahead -- just show up. From Phang Nga to Khao Sok you've got three options:

a) bus heading to Surat Thani, jump off at Ban Ta Khun and arrange transport from there to the park entrance on route 401.

b) bus heading north via Kapong turnoff to Takua Pa, then change buses for a Surat Thani bus travelling on 401 and jump off at park entrance

c) look for some kind of tourist minibus service that will head straight to the park.

Trip time I'd guestimate at 2-4 hours depending on connections and bus taken.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2007 - 14:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Are there Phang Nga Bay Sea Canoe/Kayaking Tours out of Rawai or Chalong? ... By mhl2011 on 4 Aug 2011 0 1215 4 Aug 2011