Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Koh Samet in Feb. 2008

• motherof2

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2007

Hi there, just signed up as a member here. And like to try the forum for my very first time on TF.

Plan to Koh Samet in Feb. with 2 kids 6 and 4yrs old. Which beach is the best choice to stay with all the mini marts and restaurants with easy walking access? Any recommendation for the mid range price family (kids friendly) resort we can choose? My budget is no more than 2500B/night. Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 29/10/2007 - 11:30

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome to Travelfish!

Ao Wong Duen and Haad Sai Kaew are the two beaches with the most amenities. If you don't mind a little walk, then Ao Phai and Ao Hin Khok are both great choices -- Samed Villa on Ao Phai could be good with kids.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2007 - 14:08

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Mom,

As usual Somtam is spot on with his recommendations. I'd emphasize Haad Sai Kaew and the nearby Ao Phai and Ao Hin Khok over the Ao Wong Duen area for ease of getting to/from the island and also for a greater variety of beaches, accommodation and other fun stuff.

Check out the listings on the TF website for those areas to see if anything catches your eye. If at all possible, try to arrive mid week so you'll have a greater selection of places to stay. The island can be packed on weekends. Regards.

#3 Posted: 29/10/2007 - 20:19

• motherof2

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2007

Thanks for all the comments. Tubtim is a nice area for family? I found Tubtim resort seems very lovely and affordable. Comments anyone?

#4 Posted: 30/10/2007 - 12:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.