Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Ko Similan bungalow bookings

• McCaskell

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2007

I booked a bungalow for early December on Ko Similan through the national parks office website. I am in Canada and I followed their instructions for wiring money to their account at Krung Thai bank; however, after two weeks they still claim that the money hasn't arrived and have not confirmed the booking. I don't speak Thai and their attendants on the phone don't speak much English. Bookings are supposed to expire in two days after a reservation is done if payment isn't made, and at least they keep extending the deadline each time I call. My bank says it's costly and time-consuming to trace and recall the money, and I do want to go to the island--and not lose my money.

Does anyone have experience with this? Advice on how to resolve the situation? Like is there a head office that one might contact where someone might take responsibility by contacting the bank?

Thanks for any help.

#1 Posted: 30/10/2007 - 11:52

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.