Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Chiang Mai

• sagred

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2007

I've heard Chiang Mai is a must see in the north of Thailand and i've heard the name mentioned many times by my friends who have been to Thailand on many occaisions. Would anyone recommend seeing it, i read that it's second only to Bangkok and the most culturally significant city in northern thailand. I'm planning on spending 3-4 weeks in Thailand and would like to travel around to see some of the sites. I heard the palace in Bangkok is a must see and heard something about an emerald buddha :)

#1 Posted: 31/10/2007 - 20:52

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hi sagred,

it seems you have come to the right place. there is heaps of info on chiang mai on this website. why not take a few minutes to read through the recommendations and then come back with specific questions if you still have any.

you might also want to look through the trip reports section of the forum/message board. several people have sent in detailed trip reports of their chiang mai visits. for most travellers, chiang mai is a must see of any visit to thailand. it is definitely one of my favorite places on the planet.

be sure to catch an overnight sleeper train to/from chiang mai as well. that's another must do. cheers.

#2 Posted: 1/11/2007 - 07:06

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Exacto's very informative Chiang Mai trip report is here.

#3 Posted: 1/11/2007 - 09:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.