Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Travel tips

• sagred

Joined Travelfish
    31st October, 2007

I read a brilliant post by a user in another thread that gave some really good travel tips for thailand, that answered a lot of questions i had in mind when joining the forum but one final question i had was with regards to travel insurance. I had a look on http://www.moneysupermarket.com/travelinsurance/ which is as the name suggests the travel insurance section of a uk website (as I'm a uk resident :O) ) I've looked through some of the policies and been to see my local travel agent for some advice and still not sure what features i should be looking for. I've heard that medical cover is a must as the healthcare system in Thailand is both public and private so presume that as a tourist it would be very costly if i needed treatment. I'm not expecting this to be a problem but yu never know ;) So i suppose i need cover for that and baggage cover would be useful. Can anyone advise me what levels of cover i should have as a minimum for thailand?

#1 Posted: 31/10/2007 - 20:58

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hello again sagred.

there is a good article in the features section about what to look for when buying travel insurance. why not give it a read. i think it will answer all of your questions.

medical treatment in thailand, even at top rate private hospitals, are not particularly expensive, especially when compared to prices in the states. your travel insurance should more than cover any illness or accident that may come up. regards.

#2 Posted: 1/11/2007 - 07:19

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Relevant features below:

Top 10 points to ponder when buying travel insurance
    Medical treatment in Thailand -- Top quality at an affordable price

Essentially I'd say you should definitely have travel insurance and at a minimum be covered for death, medical and evacuation (in case of serious medical emergency). Theft and cancellation, lost paperwork are more convenience issues than anything else -- though it's getting increasingly difficult to find policies that don't offer that kind of cover.

#3 Posted: 1/11/2007 - 09:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.