Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Patpong Area Accomodation

• jenperry

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2007

Hi, Has anyone stayed in the Patpong area of Bangkok, & can they recommend accomodation - ($US30-60)for here for a single person. Also - I am not the partying type so have been told not to stay near Kho Sang Road, and it's been suggested by a few to say in the Patpong area. I'm a single female traveller, so can anyone confirm that htis is a good spot, is there somewhere else that's central,e tc? Thanks for your time, Jen

#1 Posted: 3/11/2007 - 12:35

• Advertisement

• goo_stewart

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2007

There are a few cheaper end hotels in your price range in Silom (Patpong 1 and 2 are roads off the major Silom Road). I would recommend doing an internet search on Silom hotels. Its a good place, my friend lives on Soi Convent, just off Silom and opposite Patpong. There is a lot to do and its close to the Skytrain and Underground. A better place would be Sukhumvit which tends to have a wider range of accommodation and is close to all the shopping.

Personally I would stay in Sukhumvit if given the choice, but both places are good, and you will find your required accommodation in both.

#2 Posted: 3/11/2007 - 13:42

• Apple_pie

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2007

www.takeanaphotel.com , check it out

#3 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 16:47

• sunnyukmarky

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2007

If I was you I wouldnt stay anywhere in Patong. Its like the other resort beginning with P near Bangkok. Frankly Phuket is is such a mass business island I am very dissappointed and after spending 1 week here I am leaving to less of a business /money/ tourist/overpriced place in Thailand for the remeinder of my month in Thailand.

#4 Posted: 2/12/2007 - 16:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Need Idea When We Are in Patpong Area ... By mukapecah8 on 5 Jan 2007 1 1367 5 Jan 2007
Accomodation in Mo Chit Bus Station area in Bangkok? ... By leser on 6 Jan 2009 8 6409 13 Jan 2009
Rawai or Nai Harn area cheap accomodation ... By pilinka on 13 Feb 2009 2 1796 14 Feb 2009
Kid friendly accomodation Orchid Road area ... By ljoesika on 11 Oct 2009 10 2522 13 Oct 2009