Flag of Thailand

Thailand forum

Getting to Suvarnabhumi from Hua Lamphong

• pauljaymes

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,

I'm getting off an overnight train next week at Hua Lamphong and I need to get to Suvarnabhumi. I should have plenty of time - 4 hours or so if the train is on time - but I'm a bit worried that I can't find any information on the buses.

Incoming I took AE1 and changed to the MRT to Hua Lamphong at Silom, but I couldn't find any info for the return journey. It almost seems worth taking a taxi to Khao San Road and picking up the airport express bus there - anyone got any ideas?

P

#1 Posted: 8/11/2007 - 19:42

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hey P,

Since you were recently in Vang Vieng, Laos, I'm guessing that you'll be passing Don Muang airport on an overnight train from Nong Khai to BKK.

Isn't there an express bus that goes from Don Muang to the new airport? Would it be possible to get off the train at Don Muang and take the express bus from there?

What are the airport express buses going for these days anyway? Regards.

#2 Posted: 9/11/2007 - 00:10

• pauljaymes

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2006

Thanks for the tip.

Havent seen anything about a bus from Don Muang - anywhere online got info on that? I wouldnt want to get off there and risk getting stuck.

I'm in Phonsavan now btw...

#3 Posted: 9/11/2007 - 17:45

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Word is that there is also an airport express bus (AE4) directly to/from Hualamphong train station and the airport. But I'm afraid I cannot say for sure that this bus still exists.

See the schedule at this link:

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55

#4 Posted: 9/11/2007 - 21:20

• pauljaymes

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2006

Yes, I saw that one, but on my incoming trip word was that it didn't run very often; certainly at the airport the AE bus desk told me not to wait for it. Plus, even if it did run often enough I'd need to have an idea where exactly around Hua lamphong it went from; a look around last week left me none the wiser...

It looks increasingly like I'm going to have top get my bargaining hat on and brave a taxi. Anyone any idea what a *metered* ride to Suvarnabhumi from the city should cost?

#5 Posted: 10/11/2007 - 17:41

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Metered cab from Sukhumvit or Hualamphong to the new airport should be around the 200-250B mark including tolls. No need to bargain, just tell them to put the meter on :-)

#6 Posted: 10/11/2007 - 19:48

• pauljaymes

Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2006

Thanks Somtam; that sounds pretty reasonable, esp with the express buses being 150B anyway. I normally insist on meters in Bangkok, but if I'm in a hurry and know roughly what the metered fare should be I can bargain if absolutely necessary :-)

#7 Posted: 11/11/2007 - 18:50

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hua Lamphong train station to Suvarnabhumi airport? ... By Emma23 on 23 May 2012 2 6909 24 May 2012